Rating - 100%
1   0   0

JasPR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont use LED now? And what ATOs so i can avoid hehe
Hi, sorry just saw this-- yes I do use LEDS but am a tad bitter about spending 1600 dollars for fish that neither need it or appreciate it! ;) I do like the simmer that LEDs produce but my NH did the same. all in I didn't need to spend 1600 for LEDs as many cheaper LEDs would have given the same shimmer. The Neptune ATO unit just out is an improvement over all the rest I've used. Haven't had it long enough to say what it does over time, but so far it is excellent and reliable as it uses a float. great pump design too. and a simple and reliable anti-suction design (a freak'n hole in the line! Brilliant!) sometimes 'simpler' solutions are the best- less to go wrong.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this WHOLE hobby.. Buyers Remorse?

Lololololololololol

Where I live there is a Coral Shoo that on Black Friday has a 75% off sale from 6am-9am.

Two years ago I was standing in the checkout line with 100 other ppl and announced, "you know....this time next year 90% of the things we're holding in bags will be DEAD"

Ppl gave me the EvilEye but also remorsefully agreed.... lol

Last edited:

OCD_Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest regret is buying a pair of clownfish. Two yrs in they started laying eggs. Now (5yrs later) I can't put my hand in the tank without one of the little jerks bitting my fingers. I understand that most people love clownfish but I will never get another clownfish in my life!

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Buying a 50g tank, skimmer, heater, and lights then buying a 125g three months later and starting over again.

-Buying a sea star before the tank was stable enough and watching it rip his arms off

-Buying Black sand, then tearing it down to change the sand to brown

-Buying cheap lights

-Buying tomato clownfish and watching the female take over the whole tank and terrorize everyone

-Buying a used acrylic tank and not sanding it prior to set up

-Buying Banggai Cardinalfish pair and watching the male starve himself almost every month because of mouth brooding.

-Buying Melafix and adding it to my tank

-Buying tigger pods and trying to grow them in the sump

-Buying an algae scraper and scraped the acrylic all over

-Buying a cheap heater and electrocuting myself

(I’m a reefer now 1 year)
Thanks for sharing!

Johnnybananas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The countless amount of $ I spent on acros when I had my first tank years ago just to watch them all turn white within days

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year and a half ago I bought a 60 gal all in one tank/stand combo ~$900...cracked a couple weeks ago. Ran out and bough a 75 gal tank/stand combo and canister filter and lights for under $600...I should’ve never done the all in one, and just gone with the regular tank and canisters like I’ve always used..

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely buying a light that couldn’t handle all the corals I eventually wanted, and having to buy a second light to accommodate. Shoulda gotten the best from the jump instead of trying to save a couple dollars

SoCalVictor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a couple of croceas online and they died a few days later and then my 20 other clams, who I've had for years, also died.

Bought a used Red Sea Max 250 as my first tank since I came back to the hobby and spending countless hours working around the limitation of not having a true sump. Now I'm in the market for a 180 acrylic. :)

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year and a half ago I bought a 60 gal all in one tank/stand combo ~$900...cracked a couple weeks ago. Ran out and bough a 75 gal tank/stand combo and canister filter and lights for under $600...I should’ve never done the all in one, and just gone with the regular tank and canisters like I’ve always used..
I made the same mistake and ended up throwing the AIO into a garbage pile at the dump because I was so frustrated with it. Was pretty satisfying to see it smash into a thousand pieces. I refuse to ever buy an AIO ever again. Only built in overflows and drilled tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back