Buying 125 gallon secondhand. It doesn't include everything. What else should I get to go with it?

elchopo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 75 gallon reef set up that only has a HOB skimmer. I am upgraded to a marineland 125 drilled but the seller isn't including everything since they are moving some of the stuff to the new tank. Below is exactly what he is selling to me. I know I would need a return pump and some powerheads. Any recommendations on that? Anything else to go along with the list below for a successful easy-going 125-gallon reef tank?

T5 4ft with 1 white and 1 blue antinic bulb mounted to canopy
3 qty Kessil A80 LED lights mounted to canopy
Skimz UP39 sumpro sump
Vertex Omega 150 skimmer
2 qty 150W Ehein Jager Heaters

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your equipment looks like a good start, There are a pot load of pumps you can use for return. I use Syncra Sicce Silent pumps for a number of things and they are pretty good.

I have an SPS tank so I want flow that is variable. So I use Vortech MP40s but they are pricey. I have some Hydro Korella pumps that I use for mixing salt water and they are pretty good.

Bulk Reef Supply has a huge list of pumps and powerheads on their website. They rate these things and give the specs. They also have customer reviews. So that is a place to start.

OP
OP
E

elchopo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your equipment looks like a good start, There are a pot load of pumps you can use for return. I use Syncra Sicce Silent pumps for a number of things and they are pretty good.

I have an SPS tank so I want flow that is variable. So I use Vortech MP40s but they are pricey. I have some Hydro Korella pumps that I use for mixing salt water and they are pretty good.

Bulk Reef Supply has a huge list of pumps and powerheads on their website. They rate these things and give the specs. They also have customer reviews. So that is a place to start.
Thanks! New to sumps so I was pretty quickly overwhelmed. But this is a start. Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back