Buying an acrylic tank second hand but brand new Concerns.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA sorry not trying to laugh at you but that sums up the hobby pretty well in a lot of ways. It’s hard to find the right balance but so worth it once you do .
Less is more in this hobby. The site is basically a marketing technique. You don't need 90% of what they are pushing.

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's some great deals to be found here if your patient. I highly recommend MP40s. Mine are about 14 years old. I got a couple of Neros for my qt and they suck!
Oh yeah, I’m happy to hear some review on those because I’ve been considering them. The Nero’s look attracted but I think I am headed the MP route in the end anyways.

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less is more in this hobby. The site is basically a marketing technique. You don't need 90% of what they are pushing.
Yeah that’s how I feel about some of the stuff out there seems like a lot of marketing. I am going “old school” for much of my build. MH and T5 lighting, then lots of rock and algae in a sump. Try to perfect the basics and make a healthy eco system. My ultimate goal is to get corals and gobies to spawn in my tank and to be able to raise both.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hm ok, I didn’t know that was a thing but it’s good to learn. Thanks tons. You think a 48 hour test will pretty much weed out any problems I would have with the seams?
yes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back