Buying Frozen Food

jadwv2210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can buy frozen food online? I don't have an LFS near me anywhere and I was wondering if there was somewhere I could order foods like frozen mysis, or Rod's. I've looked on marine depot and they have mysis but I can't find the regular Rod's food or other brands.

OP
OP
jadwv2210

jadwv2210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lrs will ship and has awesome foods.

I read on their website that they will ship to anyone who is more than 2 hours away from a store that stocks their food. The closest store to me that does is about 2 hours give or take. I will ask them if they would be willing to sell directly to me. Thanks for the heads up.

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foster & Smith / Live Aquaria works awesome for me! They always have TONS of ice packs included so the food is plenty frozen by time you get it. I always get PE Mysis and Rods from them.

Last edited:

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rods food ships as well....and the staple Dr. Fosters and Smiths/Live Aquaria

ROD'S will not ship/sell direct to consumers. they will direct you to the closest store, try to get their food in a store closer to you, or suggest you get it from an online source. They dont want to compete with their customers

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just talk to larry at LRS. if you really are that far out from a LFS that carries his product he will be glad to help and you cannot beat his product for quality and results in your livestock. he provides impeccable service as well.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just talk to larry at LRS. if you really are that far out from a LFS that carries his product he will be glad to help and you cannot beat his product for quality and results in your livestock. he provides impeccable service as well.
+1. Its a minimum $100 purchase though, but its worth it. Shoot him an email and you will hear from him real soon.

OP
OP
jadwv2210

jadwv2210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Its a minimum $100 purchase though, but its worth it. Shoot him an email and you will hear from him real soon.
I haven't emailed him yet since I didn't have time yesterday but I was wondering what the minimum order was. How much food do you get for $100? I only have one fish right now and probably will only have about 6 small fish total in the future so I imagine it will last me a long time.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't emailed him yet since I didn't have time yesterday but I was wondering what the minimum order was. How much food do you get for $100? I only have one fish right now and probably will only have about 6 small fish total in the future so I imagine it will last me a long time.

haha, 100 in food will last one fish a lifetime! you probably wouldnt be able to use it up before it goes bad. Try linking up with another local reefer or two, and get a small group buy going. then everybody gets one pack, splits shipping and you can meet the minimum order.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i have ALOT of lps,6 fish, 5 nems and quite a few invertabrates. You get for 8oz.packs. You pick which four. I go through almost a whole pack in a month. The hundred covers everything from food to overnight delivery with dry ice.

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i have ALOT of lps,6 fish, 5 nems and quite a few invertabrates. You get for 8oz.packs. You pick which four. I go through almost a whole pack in a month. The hundred covers everything from food to overnight delivery with dry ice.
This how big each pack is.
911806511d36005caa56ce53d42699d9.jpg

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the responses to the original poster's inquiry. We have over 320 dealers listed on our website map at www.ReefFrenzy.com and we prefer consumers try and support the local fish store and find the food locally. However we do have a current residential promotion for folks who are not living near a stocking dealer.

IF you live east of Texas we can offer ANY mix of four of our 8 ounce packs of our "Frenzy" foods delivered to your door for $96. This includes the Fed Ex, dry ice and cooler charges. We have always shipped with dry ice since gel packs have not provided satisfactory results in our trials shipping 1-3 days. For consumers on the west coast we can ship via Fed Ex Express but the shipping costs will be a little higher.

Thanks!

Back