Buying Reef Fish in Hawaii

Aloha from Oahu. I think you've already been given the scoop on the situation here in Hawaii. That said, I'd check with Pet Depot and Coral Fish here. They are our only two LFS (other than Petco) that can now carry only non native fish. I don't know if they are allowed to ship intraisland or not, but might be worth a phone call to see.
 
Aloha from the Big Island,
I am in the process of setting up my first reef tank. Many years ago I had a fish only saltwater tank. Currently, I am in the gathering of equipment, sand, rock, etc. stage. This is turning into a surprisingly challenging task. The only LFS stores on this island that carry marine supplies are Petco which means that offerings are limited to a couple of shelves of supplies and a few fish-only tanks. However, most supplies can be found from mainland stores as long as you are willing to pay for the shipping (this is a common hazard of living in the middle of the ocean). However, I am struggling to find a source for fish, corals, and clean-up crew. There are a few places that actually produce the above locally, but they do not sell in Hawaii for various reasons. So, I could really use some suggestions on reliable merchants that would ship to Hawaii.
Thanks!
Welcome!

whale GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new