Ca Reactor and Dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter maroun.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maroun.c

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
4,691
Reaction score
7,321
Location
Lebanon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Utilising Dastaco Ca reactor and the manufacturers stone like media which provides basically just Alk and Ca. I have been ok so far dosing a few elements that were always low on ICP like strontium, potassium, iodine, manganese and recently fluorine. As well as mag when it goes low on tests. Also starting to dose a bit of iron to see if it helps fuge growth.
Want to try to dose some elements to see if i get better colors and reduce individual dosing. I do make 20 percent monthly water changes but realise those do little for supplementing ...
Considering tropic marin balling C alone, or maybe A and K. But interested in other suggestions that work for you.
 
TM Balling C is not a good way to go. At best, it is like doing a tiny water change with a salt mix lacking sodium and chloride.

I think A and K is a good plan. Other brands may also be good for this purpose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new