Ca reactor solenoid NO

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giddyup
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Giddyup

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
144
Reaction score
65
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have Apex controlling solenoid for Co2 then top end needle valve. Ph probe in reactor. I think my co2 cylinder may be getting low and getting no bubbles after solenoid cycles or a rapid bunch ? Does anybody run minus the solenoid and just trust needle valve once set to ph equal or above target setting? Thinking perhaps the old Milwaukee solenoid is gunked up?
 
You are having issues I was having at first. Or issues I had after it was up for a while.
Newly setup you need to program the apex to turn on when it's low and run then put a min time off for say 5 mins so that it's not turning on and off a lot. Now if you have had it for a while the needle valve might be going bad. When mine started doing that I bought a new needle valve and it resolved the issues. I would never trust a slow bubble count what if for some reason it gets bumped and you come home to very low ph and melted corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new