Cabbage leather coral dying or not? Please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan-Uy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryan-Uy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this green cabbage leather coral for 1 year now and all of sudden it has white spots over it and has some small holes in it. Earlier I found some small starfish(forgot there name) on it and I was wondering if it was from that. The tank was also over heating to 82 degrees F. Could that also be the reason. Please help!
image.jpg
 
It’s stressed and angry. Get your temps back down and make sure to do a few water change es. These leathers are very hard to kill. I honestly think it has a good chance of bouncing back.
 
82 is not that hot. Probably stress, is it new? It's unlikely the starfish caused it. Without further information hard to make any assumptions but these guys are very resilient, as long as nothing is drastically out of the range of normal in your tank it will probably be fine.
 
I'm betting it will bounce back too. I had a crash and mine looked about like that.
 
My green cabbage leather that survived a cataclysmic event, recently shriveled up and I figured it was shedding. Three months later it was still shriveled and lost most of the zooxanthellae. I found some webbing (looked like a tunnel spider sack) on the rock it was on. So I took it out to do some investigating. I peeled the coral partway off the rock chasing this line of webbing and inside was an ugly skinny looking bristle worm type creature.
I plucked it out and the coral has since recovered and gone back to it's fabulous self and is growing like mad again.
 
It’s stressed and angry. Get your temps back down and make sure to do a few water change es. These leathers are very hard to kill. I honestly think it has a good chance of bouncing back.
Unhappy fellow. Add water flow and also add aminos and iodine such as lugol’s to water. Gently blow on it also with turkey baster to blow of any sediment on it
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new