CAD Lights Pls-50 elite nano II , anyone using it?

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump on this important thread for the nano skimmer deprived community... Is this conversation in reference to the Cadlight version I or II nano skimmer? How is everyone finding their CAD lights Pls-50 elite nano II skimmer these days? Did they update the pump?

Still on the fence with my IM 40 AIO setup for a skimmer... Tunze 9004, eShopps Nano, IceKap K1 nano, or the newer Cad lights Pls-50 elite nano.

Gah. Maybe I'll just get a sump-system after all...

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use the Cads Light skimmer -- but the pump was always giving me problems. And, I couldn't find a good replacement pump, so I had to go back to the folks at Cads.
I switched over to the Tunze 9004 for my JBJ45. As many have noted, it does tend to produce more micro bubbles than I like. I've tried to fine tune it many times and never really found the sweet spot. So, my solution was to put it on a time and run it over night after the lights are out. Thus, I never see those ugly bubbles -- also, I never hear the pump!

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use the Cads Light skimmer -- but the pump was always giving me problems. And, I couldn't find a good replacement pump, so I had to go back to the folks at Cads.
I switched over to the Tunze 9004 for my JBJ45. As many have noted, it does tend to produce more micro bubbles than I like. I've tried to fine tune it many times and never really found the sweet spot. So, my solution was to put it on a time and run it over night after the lights are out. Thus, I never see those ugly bubbles -- also, I never hear the pump!
Great option - I may use the Tunze 9004 and do this :)

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cadlights pls 50 v2 elite was great it did arrive broken i sent emails daily with no response to any of them ive ran the pump for about 6 months total so its shot now... overall when it works and your able to fight it and get it tuned its great. Overall i would NOT in any way shape or form suggest you or anyone else purchase anything from them...

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the data.

Too many lines of evidence suggests this company has little regard for their customers.

Cadlights will hopefully read these threads with an open mind and up their game.

I’m out for the Cadlight skimmer until they communicate reliably and get a superior pump.

My cadlights pls 50 v2 elite was great it did arrive broken i sent emails daily with no response to any of them ive ran the pump for about 6 months total so its shot now... overall when it works and your able to fight it and get it tuned its great. Overall i would NOT in any way shape or form suggest you or anyone else purchase anything from them...

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve have had mine running for two years. No problem with the pump but I do clean it about quarterly. I think it pulls great skim. I got in contact with them long ago and grabbed an extra backup pump because I liked it so much. On my smaller tank im using the K1 nanos and they work really good as well.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve have had mine running for two years. No problem with the pump but I do clean it about quarterly. I think it pulls great skim. I got in contact with them long ago and grabbed an extra backup pump because I liked it so much. On my smaller tank im using the K1 nanos and they work really good as well.
Definitely those are the top two recommended by hobbyists. If I go with the Cadlight elite, I'd buy a couple extra pumps as well. Same with the K1 nano.

The hobby is desperate for a nano version of something like the BM-Curve 5 with a reliable pump. Whoever does that will make some serious cash. Perhaps Cadlights or Coral Vue have something in the works - a collaboration with Sicce for example.

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered a cadlight to replace my tunze 9004 after giving me a headache to tune but seem like i finally got it down , Regardless to say my order was never sent out ordered on Nov 30 and have been calling daily and emailing and have not heard back what so ever horrible customer service , good thing paypal has a protection i opened a case to hopefully get my money back

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered a cadlight to replace my tunze 9004 after giving me a headache to tune but seem like i finally got it down , Regardless to say my order was never sent out ordered on Nov 30 and have been calling daily and emailing and have not heard back what so ever horrible customer service , good thing paypal has a protection i opened a case to hopefully get my money back
Sheesh! This Cadlights company sounds TERRIBLE for fundamental operations and communications with customers.

I've read dozens of people saying this now. Sad, because it sounds like they created a very nice and quality nano skimmer.

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmers are great pumps are garbage mine just went out... i ordered a new one last week still hasnt shipped. Its the holidays though so maybe theyll ship it out monday.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmers are great pumps are garbage mine just went out... i ordered a new one last week still hasnt shipped. Its the holidays though so maybe theyll ship it out monday.
Wondering if anyone uses a separate pump for this product... a little Sicce Syncra or the likes...

anthonyt987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so did anybody their skimmer? was planning on purchasing one, I am local to them but still seem iffy from all the feedback. Tunze 9004 is sold out and has been for a while, only see people try to scalp me for the skimmer.

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so did anybody their skimmer? was planning on purchasing one, I am local to them but still seem iffy from all the feedback. Tunze 9004 is sold out and has been for a while, only see people try to scalp me for the skimmer.
Are they even open? I got my money back threw paypal finally .

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uhh they must be open because they sent my pump at least i have some tracking info on it... supposed to be here the jan 6th ill let you know. if you do go by there can you give us an update on them
And let them know people are interested in buying their stuff... and waiting to hear back from them... ;Yawn

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got my replacement pump yesterday... the name on the packaging was mode aquariums. i gave them a shout they actually answered the phone apparently they are the same company but they mainly deal with commercial sales they are also located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. id say this our best bet to get a hold of these people.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back