Cad lights review

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible business! I went to pick up a plumbing kit for my Cad lights tank and they didn’t have the correct parts that I needed. So, I requested a refund and they said I should receive it within 5-7 business days. On the 7th day I call 20 times and no answer! I wait until Monday, call another 20 times and still no answer... what a scam. Never doing business with these guys ever again.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible business! I went to pick up a plumbing kit for my Cad lights tank and they didn’t have the correct parts that I needed. So, I requested a refund and they said I should receive it within 5-7 business days. On the 7th day I call 20 times and no answer! I wait until Monday, call another 20 times and still no answer... what a scam. Never doing business with these guys ever again.
Call from a different number, worked for me to get an answer, though not a satisfactory resolution..

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cadlights tank and although the tank itself has been fine their customer service is HORRIBLE! I've never dealt with a more inept company in the hobby than Cadlights. I've shared my experience with everyone that I know, its a shame they don't understand the concept of good customer service and its affect on their company. You can't be terrible at customer service in today's era of the internet, you'll get put on blast..how they haven't figured that out yet is beyond me.

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send you the pictures of the seam leak on the Cadlights 150 after 6 months that they have not honored the warranty on for replacement. I'm not asking for damages caused to my wood floors. I'm not asking for anything more than the replacement tank as their warranty states with my paying for shipping. Im adding them into this conversation. My attorney is still preparing paperwork to attempt to get them to honor their warranty. I am out close to $3K without an aquarium that holds water. @Cadlights Aquariums you are welcome to join in please.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I set up a Cadlights versa 60 gallon in March of this year in my office.
Last months started to notice that the front MDF trim piece above the door is completely delaminating. After just 5 months. I emailed them and asked what to do with it and for a replacement. The email reply was literally just get some glue and stick it back together the best you can. It will be too much trouble to replace it. I emailed back asking for a replacement and even offered to pay for it . They informed me that I would have to send the piece back and that would be too much trouble. I have not heard from them since. I have a pic of the piece which is very poor quality.
The sad thing s that I really like the tank and had plans to upgrade to a 150 or 180 Artisan next year. Now looking at alternatives.
By the way this is my second Cadlights tank. I also have a 18 gallon which is used as a seahorse tank.
I agree horrible customer service.
05D8070D-826B-493D-8139-5CBA3F4EC70C.jpeg
63C3D53F-7970-42E8-BB53-51ED3007F452.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefAddict16

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send you the pictures of the seam leak on the Cadlights 150 after 6 months that they have not honored the warranty on for replacement. I'm not asking for damages caused to my wood floors. I'm not asking for anything more than the replacement tank as their warranty states with my paying for shipping. Im adding them into this conversation. My attorney is still preparing paperwork to attempt to get them to honor their warranty. I am out close to $3K without an aquarium that holds water. @Cadlights Aquariums you are welcome to join in please.
That’s a shame. I’ve read other horrible stories of their tanks leaking before the warranty and them not honoring it.
Fortunately they emailed me today after writing numerous bad reviews and contacting them through their personal Facebook pages and they said they just came back from international show and issued the refund today.

OP
OP
ReefAddict16

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI their address on Google isn’t the correct address and on store front it says “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.” Without any signage displaying their business. I wonder why... hmmmm

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a shame. I’ve read other horrible stories of their tanks leaking before the warranty and them not honoring it.
Fortunately they emailed me today after writing numerous bad reviews and contacting them through their personal Facebook pages and they said they just came back from international show and issued the refund today.
Maybe I need to visit the Facebook page. @Cadlights Aquariums

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI their address on Google isn’t the correct address and on store front it says “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.” Without any signage displaying their business. I wonder why... hmmmm
I have a pet theory that only people in CA get their problems remedied... 99% of the good resolutions I have found have been people in CA.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame on Marine Depot for carrying their products on their website. I will not purchase anything from Marine Depot due to this.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always posted good reviews regarding my Cadlights aquariums in this forum and for them to quite literally ignore me is quite bad. The threads to my builds are below.
@Cadlights Aquariums

Last edited:

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame on Marine Depot for carrying their products on their website. I will not purchase anything from Marine Depot due to this.
Marine Depot will only know about it if you tell them. Blaming them for carrying the product is not the answer. Large retailers have the power but cannot weild it if their customers leave them in the dark.

They were at the CIPS show in China so that is likely why the delay in this case.

Last edited:

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Depot will only know about it if you tell them. Blaming them for carrying the product is not the answer. Large retailers have the power but cannot weild it if their customers leave them in the dark.

It's illogical to think that such a big company like Marine Depot doesn't do their homework on the products that they sale, homework that consists of looking into a products overall quality which also consists of their customer service record because after all...Marine Depot will have to at some point deal with them. BRS will research such things and has even mentioning things like a products customer service support when talking about a product in videos.

IMO as a distributor you don't need to solely rely on a review posted on your website to know the quality of a product and it's support, just as we are here on this forum so are they.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's illogical to think that such a big company like Marine Depot doesn't do their homework on the products that they sale, homework that consists of looking into a products overall quality which also consists of their customer service record because after all...Marine Depot will have to at some point deal with them. BRS will research such things and has even mentioning things like a products customer service support when talking about a product in videos.

IMO as a distributor you don't need to solely rely on a review posted on your website to know the quality of a product and it's support, just as we are here on this forum so are they.
Fair enough but at least tell them why you won't be shopping there any more. IMO, that's how companies improve the customer support. @MarineDepot

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible company and product to buy from. I purchased directly from their website and after repeated emails after 2 months, they send me a tank and stand that is subpar.
Overflow holes chipped, partial edges not polished, etched glass from what looks to be a hand held sander, split wood from screws in stand, orange peel paint, list goes on. They totally ignored my email complaint. I have Glass Cages tanks better then the point of sale they sold me.

Stevesreef225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon cad lights cube. It came with one of there skimmers that I absolutely hated. It would never remain stable, Always overflowing. But the low iron glass and build quality is top notch. Also there plumbing is trash. I used standard pvc.

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They were at the CIPS show in China so that is likely why the delay in this case.

@MarineDepot is aware of their issues but is happy that most of their aquariums work.

This was the response from @MarineDepot when I reached out to them last year:

MarineDepotProud SponsorR2R SupporterPlatinum SponsorToys For Kids 2016
Filbie70 wrote:
You need to drop them as a vendor. Read the posts on R2R. This does not provide a good image of the vendors you offer and damages the Marine Depot name. This hobby is expensive enough without having to deal with poor quality at a premium and horrible customer service. Usually you get what you pay for in this hobby. I would hope that Marine Depot would listen to the feedback on these blogs and protect their customers.
Marine Depot wrote:
Thank you very much for your feedback. There are occasional issues, but the large majority of CAD Light aquariums (and equipment) are without problems/defects. We continually work with CAD Lights to resolve problems that do arise and improve business processes. Things have improved significantly since last year when this thread was created. Aside from Red Sea, which we also carry but at a significantly higher price point for shoppers, we have not been able to find a better manufacturer that offers aquariums of similar quality/price.

MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH

Last edited:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back