Cad lights review

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Facepalm
Yeah that bracing isnt really important at all, have to save on silicone costs so we can use this premium PCV.

I am glad I only got screwed on a 50g tank, just under a grand. I cant imagine what my wife would have done to me if we were out more than that.;Dead

How long ago did you buy it? Depending on what you paid with you have quite a while to do a chargeback.

I'm shocked I'm even getting email responses, I was expecting nothing more than silence from them.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long ago did you buy it? Depending on what you paid with you have quite a while to do a chargeback.

I'm shocked I'm even getting email responses, I was expecting nothing more than silence from them.

I refused to fill the tank and ultimately got a replacement after several months of terrible communication and headache. Oh and at my expense of $300 for the exchange of a tank that should have never been shipped...

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread when I was dealing with this
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...share_tid=275662&share_fid=1020&share_type=t
My issue was 2 years ago. A dispute was filed, but CAD s response was I had never sent the tank back. Prior to that the Bank had told me dispute was resolved and I could dispose of tank and stand, which I had. We dont use that credit card anymore either..

I quit updating my thread about it, was too mad about all of it. What I didnt include in the thread was also once I had all the parts, I discovered the stand they sent me was not the advertised one that's 36in tall. It was a 30inch stand that looked more like the SCA stands, and the tank was 1/2 inch wider than the stand.

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread when I was dealing with this
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/have-a-question-am-i.275662/&share_tid=275662&share_fid=1020&share_type=t
My issue was 2 years ago. A dispute was filed, but CAD s response was I had never sent the tank back. Prior to that the Bank had told me dispute was resolved and I could dispose of tank and stand, which I had. We dont use that credit card anymore either..

I quit updating my thread about it, was too mad about all of it. What I didnt include in the thread was also once I had all the parts, I discovered the stand they sent me was not the advertised one that's 36in tall. It was a 30inch stand that looked more like the SCA stands, and the tank was 1/2 inch wider than the stand.

Man I'm so sorry. You got bent over really bad.

I don't know how a business can be run like this these days. I see somehow they took off reviews on Facebook, they don't sell on Amazon and they don't allow reviews on their website. (Even if they did they'd just delete all the negative ones).

It looks like they may be paying a third-party company to suppress negative reviews and feedback on Google. This is how I was duped as normally I do my research quite well before buying

The only hope is to organically make threads like this one get a lot of attention and for it to be one of the top results when you type in Cadlights.

Is there anyway we can talk to an admin on here and ban them from R2R?

horsefarm5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started reading this tonight.
I bought a used Cad light 100 artisan from a local reefer.... tank looks great... good price... be said it was running for a year and they are moving so he was down sizing..I will be setting this up in my new house moving my old 90 gal occupants to it.... now I'm worried

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started reading this tonight.
I bought a used Cad light 100 artisan from a local reefer.... tank looks great... good price... be said it was running for a year and they are moving so he was down sizing..I will be setting this up in my new house moving my old 90 gal occupants to it.... now I'm worried

I'd re-sell or if you are going to keep it, look over it with a very fine tooth comb. And while it's out and you feel comfortable, I'd re-drill it for standard sizes. I 100% wouldn't re-use the bulkheads if they've been taken off once already.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Cad Lights tank has been in my possession for over 2 years now and I know it was at least 4 years old when I got it. I built my own custom stand and used adapters to change over to sch40/80 PVC. Not a single issue with the bulkheads. I've moved the tank about 5 times now. I have actually found the bulkheads I have are really good. One small leak is all I had with testing and a little turn fixed that right up for me.

Would I compare Cad Lights to Red Sea, Waterbox or others? No. Would I recommend buying directly from Cad Lights? Probably not. Too many good companies with better CS at this point. Would I be worried my tank is going to blow? Nope. Not if it looked good during inspection and used proper glass thickness.

My plumbing changed slightly from the attached pic but I don't have a picture of it.
7a3f0cc5d8480b3dceaf6b15f526d113.jpg
777753d2adadb1e171e1d9e08f24d1bb.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironic this thread pops up after I see this for sale. Well back to looking. BTY I wondered why he was selling a year old tank.
00V0V_hLoXL2g1uDz_600x450.jpg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cad Lights tank has been in my possession for over 2 years now and I know it was at least 4 years old when I got it. I built my own custom stand and used adapters to change over to sch40/80 PVC. Not a single issue with the bulkheads. I've moved the tank about 5 times now. I have actually found the bulkheads I have are really good. One small leak is all I had with testing and a little turn fixed that right up for me.

Would I compare Cad Lights to Red Sea, Waterbox or others? No. Would I recommend buying directly from Cad Lights? Probably not. Too many good companies with better CS at this point. Would I be worried my tank is going to blow? Nope. Not if it looked good during inspection and used proper glass thickness.

My plumbing changed slightly from the attached pic but I don't have a picture of it.
7a3f0cc5d8480b3dceaf6b15f526d113.jpg
777753d2adadb1e171e1d9e08f24d1bb.jpg

That many years ago it's possible your cad was actually built by SCA, as they used to provide tanks to cadlights before cad burned them really bad.

I will never buy anything from cadlights after hearing what they did to SCA.

Horrible customer service from cad.

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That many years ago it's possible your cad was actually built by SCA, as they used to provide tanks to cadlights before cad burned them really bad.

What happened between SCA and cadlights? This should be good.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This makes me like the tank even more since SCA is known for good stuff

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened between SCA and cadlights? This should be good.

Well, when I went to pick up my tank directly from SCA around that time the owners Will and Steve were absolutely livid over what just happened and they told me.

Apparently, they provided a bulk number of tanks to cad, I think it was 400 tanks if memory serves correct.

Cadlights could not pay upon delivery, so SCA gave them time to pay, but at about 4 months they gave cadlights the opportunity to just simply return the tanks and call it a wash.

Cad did return those tanks, but someone apparently took the time and effort to carve a giant X in every single tank, making them trash obviously.

This is what was told to me by the SCA owners.

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, when I went to pick up my tank directly from SCA around that time the owners Will and Steve were absolutely livid over what just happened and they told me.

Apparently, they provided a bulk number of tanks to cad, I think it was 400 tanks if memory serves correct.

Cadlights could not pay upon delivery, so SCA gave them time to pay, but at about 4 months they gave cadlights the opportunity to just simply return the tanks and call it a wash.

Cad did return those tanks, but someone apparently took the time and effort to carve a giant X in every single tank, making them trash obviously.

This is what was told to me by the SCA owners.

;Facepalm What a bunch of losers...I have no words.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's an SCA tanks, cadlights doesn't drill 3 holes. Your experience is not indicative of current production.
Which tank did you get? Their artisan series still says a Herbie/durso style overflow, and shows 3 pipes/tubing in the pics

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back