Cad lights review

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My customer service experience was non-existent. The questions that I asked them about my tank went unanswered.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've literally never complained about a single product or company in my entire life, but my experience with cad lights has not been fun. If I could go back I would happily pay more for a tank of good quality.

Last edited:

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cadlights Aquariums
Chelsea...where did you go? We should talk more. I am working on a way to upload the video of my $3,000 tank leaking on my hardwood floors and the cattle trough in my living room attempting to preserve my coral. This isn't going to go away. All I asked for was your company to honor its warranty with a replacement after a 6 month seam failure. Maybe you are at a convention and forgot to leave the out of office notification.

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major disappointment but not surprising story here. Chelsea took the conversation offline and lead me to believe they were going to honor the warranty and the went silent and unresponsive to emails for the past two months. Par for the course Chelsea. Great job trying leading everyone to believe Cadlights stands behind their product!
Chelsea, you are going to have to help me find the PM you claim to have sent. I've only been a member for a little more than 1.5 years and I can't find it in my R2R inbox.

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MarineDepot is aware of their issues but is happy that most of their aquariums work.

This was the response from @MarineDepot when I reached out to them last year:

MarineDepotProud SponsorR2R SupporterPlatinum SponsorToys For Kids 2016
Filbie70 wrote:
You need to drop them as a vendor. Read the posts on R2R. This does not provide a good image of the vendors you offer and damages the Marine Depot name. This hobby is expensive enough without having to deal with poor quality at a premium and horrible customer service. Usually you get what you pay for in this hobby. I would hope that Marine Depot would listen to the feedback on these blogs and protect their customers.
Marine Depot wrote:
Thank you very much for your feedback. There are occasional issues, but the large majority of CAD Light aquariums (and equipment) are without problems/defects. We continually work with CAD Lights to resolve problems that do arise and improve business processes. Things have improved significantly since last year when this thread was created. Aside from Red Sea, which we also carry but at a significantly higher price point for shoppers, we have not been able to find a better manufacturer that offers aquariums of similar quality/price.

MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Marine Depot Is Just As bad. Last November I bought a sicce 1.5 pump from them had problems with I wanted a refund instead they wanted pix of pump - guess they thought I was lying about pump - then a week later they washed their hands of me and told me to send pump to sicce. When sicce got it they contacted me and I explained the problem. The next day sicce contacted MD & told them to issue me a refund. This whole problem took a month to solve. Will never do business with them again!!

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already underway.

I pulled up when Chelsea started taking to me through the forum. Thank you for the support.
Interesting that all the Cad lights responses are gone froom this thread. And their member profile has no content associated with it....

Hope you get a good resolution, sucks to have to sue to get what is promised in their warranty

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap these are the cheapest tanks ever. I'm so upset I wasted my time and money with these people.

The plumbing they supplied is absoluetly the cheapest they could possibly find. Not only is it thin-walled literal Chinese Garbage, they drilled the holes so small I can't get any standard sized bulkhead to replace it. Working on returning the tank now.

Cadlights Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap these are the cheapest tanks ever. I'm so upset I wasted my time and money with these people.

The plumbing they supplied is absoluetly the cheapest they could possibly find. Not only is it thin-walled literal Chinese Garbage, they drilled the holes so small I can't get any standard sized bulkhead to replace it. Working on returning the tank now.

Hi Tyler,
We have not had any issues with the tanks themselves as our builders do a fantastic job during the building process.

As for the plumbing, we decided to choose uPVC as it is a true non corrosive material. It is of better performance and it will last you a long time. If you need any converter kits please reach out as we have those available.

Send us an email or give us a call Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm pacific time if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,
CAD

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tyler,
We have not had any issues with the tanks themselves as our builders do a fantastic job during the building process.

As for the plumbing, we decided to choose uPVC as it is a true non corrosive material. It is of better performance and it will last you a long time. If you need any converter kits please reach out as we have those available.

Send us an email or give us a call Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm pacific time if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,
CAD

Instead of repeating the same line why don't you listen to your customers who clearly would appreciate a switch to standard schedule 40/80 bulkheads and plumbing (most of us are using manifolds these days). Also, you're saying all the top custom manufactures out there are using inferior schedule 40/80 plumbing... right.

It's also nice to be able to get replacement parts without having to deal with your terrible customer service. Do you know it took me nearly 2 months to get a replacement bulkhead from you? I searched the internet far and wide to find something else that would work given your lack of communication. But unfortunately, the bulkhead sizes you use are literally one of a kind. So what happens if your company goes out of business? We would be stuck with no way to get a replacement bulkhead if needed. Also, once the replacement plumbing did arrive, it looked like you lost your pipe cutters and just snapped some pieces off all jagged and cracked. Nice.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, instead of offering those cheap slip compression adapters on your site, maybe consider offering some high quality schedule 80 unions available from flex PVC at the link below. When dealing with several hundred gallons of saltwater in your larger tanks, I don't think a whole lot of us are concerned with saving a few dollars on plumbing. We want quality plumbing that will not break or leak, EVER. Cheap compression fittings are not the answer.

https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CMO @filbie70

So here's the gmail conversations I've had with cadlights. I feel like I'm talking to a wall, and I admit I'm a bit crass, but this is supposed to be a fun hobby. I'm not having fun and it's costing me a lot of money.

171d7c03ee.png

3b5e3db59c.png

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ramsfan6239
Their responses crack me up. You tank may leak.. the glass may bow... your return holes may be chipped...your stand may warp... but your uPVC plumbing will stand the test of time!!

I have a nice mental image of the tank and stand disintegrating around the PVC.

ramsfan6239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ramsfan6239
Their responses crack me up. You tank may leak.. the glass may bow... your return holes may be chipped...your stand may warp... but your uPVC plumbing will stand the test of time!!

lol. I think the owner got duped by a seller over in China for 6 pallets of uPVC plumbing and now has to find some way to get rid of it.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ramsfan6239

I think this one takes the cake for funniest Cad Lights response yet....

"The euro bracing "discoloration" happens because our tank builder used just the right amount of silicone necessary for a euro brace. He did not over use the silicone since its not necessary in that part of the tank."

IMG_20171118_102628.jpg

IMG_20171118_102423.jpg

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Facepalm
Yeah that bracing isnt really important at all, have to save on silicone costs so we can use this premium PCV.

I am glad I only got screwed on a 50g tank, just under a grand. I cant imagine what my wife would have done to me if we were out more than that.;Dead

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did not even bother to respond to my complaints period.
You go Eric @ Cadlights Aquarium..............:mad:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back