CADE 1500 S2 build

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand just arrived today and hope to get it in the house and get it to the point of having water in it Saturday. Probably will be a mixed reef.

Vectra L2 return pump
Radion XR 30 G5 pro lights
Aeraqua duo DC skimmer
2 x MP40
2x Eheim Jager 300w heater with inkbird controller
Just the core equipment to get going
Still need a doser and an Apex

I’m hoping my Jakarta rock will be in tomorrow, otherwise I’ll use a few pieces of live rock I already have just to get it started.
886861AB-1C8F-4382-946F-164B79A7CBCC.jpeg

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first tank was broken in shipment and had to wait for a replacement, but AlgaeBarn got it out fast. Got the tank in the house, plumbed, and equipment installed this afternoon.
9199B803-F24A-4D60-BD72-AB71CC24ED95.jpeg
Substrate is 80lbs of special grade arag-alive mixed with 40 lbs of Fiji pink.
100 lbs of Jakarta live rock is in though I’m sure I’ll play around more with the aquascaping. Filling with water now!

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first tank was broken in shipment and had to wait for a replacement, but AlgaeBarn got it out fast. Got the tank in the house, plumbed, and equipment installed this afternoon.
9199B803-F24A-4D60-BD72-AB71CC24ED95.jpeg
Substrate is 80lbs of special grade arag-alive mixed with 40 lbs of Fiji pink.
100 lbs of Jakarta live rock is in though I’m sure I’ll play around more with the aquascaping. Filling with water now!
Hey, are those radions mounted on the rear glass coming upto the tank centre? If yes, did you modify them in any way to get the lights in the centre of the display?
Thanks

OP
OP
hoytoyed

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, are those radions mounted on the rear glass coming upto the tank centre? If yes, did you modify them in any way to get the lights in the centre of the display?
Thanks
They are mounted to the back glass. You can see the cover for the ATO reservoir leaning against them. I used the extended mounts and they are over the center of the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back