Cade 1800 S2 Peninsula Build

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. Both are great brands and at the end of the day and it's really the fish, cool gadgets, and a the flourishing ecosystem that makes the hobby great, the tank is the vessel but I agree that CADE comes preassembled and is very easy to install.

My water is crazy clear, you won't regret ozone, you'll just need to clean the unit every 6 months. They sell a kit for that as well. The UV works great, I run it as preventative for parasite control, etc. Only issue is a run 2 separate UV at different flow rates and I feel like it heats the water considerably.

Tangs are too aggressive, two is enough for me. I love Angels first and foremost but I took a recent liking to the wrasses. They have funny personalities and love watching them swim around the tank. I have a Flame wrasse arriving next week.

Best of luck

wow 2 UVs + ozone no wonder the fish look like there floating.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow 2 UVs + ozone no wonder the fish look like there floating.
AND a huge a 5 micron sediment filter through my return pump. LOL
Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 9.04.56 PM.png

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA, I have the CADE 1200 Peninsula and I’m currently building it out. I have 2 MP 40s and I plan on installing on the back wall so I don’t have anything visible on the clear glass. Do you think I will need to place a wave maker out on the end?

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA, I have the CADE 1200 Peninsula and I’m currently building it out. I have 2 MP 40s and I plan on installing on the back wall so I don’t have anything visible on the clear glass. Do you think I will need to place a wave maker out on the end?
Hello! I have 4 mp40's placed in the back of the tank because I didn't want anything visible either. It works but the far end of the tank does get detritus and I have to stir the sand 2 x per week. Kinda of annoying but its work it so I don't have a powerhead and wires hanging off the front of my tank.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, with my tank being shorter, I might be able to get away with the two 40s. We will see
I agree, 2 should be fine for that sized aquarium. Have you started a build thread for it?

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s linked to my build thread badge
Looking good, I have use the 230watt red dragon at full wattage since I have to push through UV's. It's a tight fit for sure.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wake up to this every morning. They just follow me around the room. LOL

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. What species of soft coral is on the top center section of your rockwork? Never been a soft coral fan, but that looks nice
Thanks! Its a leather coral

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back