Cade 1800 S2 Peninsula Build

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very excited to post about my new aquarium build. I recently purchased the CADE 1800 S2 Peninsula from @AlgaeBarn. I was very impressed with there customer service, both Michael and Samantha were top notch. The Peninsula was actually out fo stock until February and to my surprise I received a call from Samantha informing me the tank was ready to ship 3 weeks earlier than anticipated. Total bonus, Algaebarn was running a special that included the caribsea brand sand, 100lbs plus of dry rock, Fritz reef pro salt, and cycling kit to get the aquarium started.

The Consensus is in! After owning my red sea reefer and now seeing the build quality of the CADE aquariums, I am beyond impressed with the easy plug and play plumbing for the chiller as well as the built in manifold above the sump chamber. It has a well designed electrical cabinet, preassembled stand with 360 cabinet doors (YES, PREASSEMBLED!!!), 15 gallon ATO, and Opti Clear Glass with german silicone. There are some enhancements to be made to the standard PVC overflow but that is my only gripe about the build.

I am starting with new sand and only 1" compared to my previous 3" sand bed. I am using dry rock this time around with select pieces of live rock from my exiting reef. I did spot a few vermetid snails and aiptasia recently so I don't want any pests this go around. I also have some well established montis, leathers, chalice, and mushrooms I am going to migrate over too. I am debating a full cycle or just transferring 100% of existing water/BIO media over and throwing Dr Tims and calling it a day?!? I want to get the red sea out of my living room ASAP.

STOCK:
Gem tang
Conspicuous angel
True Personifier angel
Tiger Angel
Misbar Regal angel
Blueface angel

EQUIPMENT: Migrating over from RED SEA Reefer
4 Radion g4 pro's
4 Ecotech MP40's
Royal Exclusiv 180 Bubble king skimmer
230 watt Royal Exclusiv return pump
2 Apex DOS
Apex Unit w/ leak detection
Teco tk2000 Chiller

IMG_2474 copy.png

IMG_2475 copy.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks here are some updated photos on the progress of my build.

I am adding sand and water tonight! Ill keep updating as I make progress. Thoughts on the rock scape?

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.51.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.43.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 6.43.34 PM.png

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added sand. In the process of adding the water. Will run for 24 hours and then transfer my equipment over and then livestock from my red sea reefer.

Super excited!!
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 10.22.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 10.15.59 PM.png

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay phase one of adding the fish is complete. Next is corals. I am dipping them with Coral RX just to be uber safe. Here is a video. As soon as I get all my wires organized I take video of the sump and post it.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay phase one of adding the fish is complete. Next is corals. I am dipping them with Coral RX just to be uber safe. Here is a video. As soon as I get all my wires organized I take video of the sump and post it.

They all look like they are enjoying it! Love when you can tell that fish checking out/exploring their new home

dustinc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love your fish and wish I was that brave to add all those beautiful angels with coral. I absolutely love Angels, but love corals more so always too nervous to add them. I have a LFS that gets the most beautiful angels all the time (Bandits, Conspics, Wrought Iron, Etc.) and would love to add one to my new setup, just not sure I'm brave enough because I love polyp extension in my SPS....

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final aquascape. I manipulated many times and landed here. Tons of hiding spots and adequate habitat for many angels. Thoughts?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back