OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following along. Looks beautiful. I'm glad to see the caribsea rocks in use. Always wanted to see what they would like. including the coral tree. add to my list.
Thanks for the compliment. Looking forward to completing the build - but will be another couple of months due to a temporary work assignment out of state.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you would make any changes to the Clearview custom lid now that you have had it for awhile?

Thanks

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?
Unfortunately not. I've completed wiring clean up, installed the UV sterilizer and will have the ReefMat plumbing done this week - I'll share photos when complete. Wet tank is probably another 90 days away as I'm commuting from CO to AL for 2-3 weeks at a time. Not a conducive schedule to startup a new reef tank......

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you would make any changes to the Clearview custom lid now that you have had it for awhile?

Thanks
I don't have my system running yet so I can't comment on how they work on an operational tank. I can't imagine not continuing to love them with ~230 gallons of water under them. The quality and workmanship is top-notch.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not far from CO. I live in Casper. About 5.5 hours from you.

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching around for ages trying to find the cleanest way to plumb in the Red Sea ReefMat 1200, I finally completed plumbing today. Ended up deciding to cut off the original gate valve assembly and convert the 40mm pipe to 1" to complete the installation. Following are the parts I ended up using:

- 40mm to 1-1/4" Metric to Standard PVC Union - Slip X Slip - Adaptive Reef (BRS SKU: 231999)
- Reducer, 1-1/4 X 1 In Conduit, Pvc (Amazon)
- Spears PVC Gate Valve, Non-Rising Stem, Viton O-Ring, 1" Socket (Amazon)
- Standard 1" 45 and 1" PVC pipe

**Fair warning: The Red Sea hard-to-flexible PVC adapter is ~50% of the depth of a standard fitting - sloppy joint was the result.

IMG_6629.jpeg
IMG_6630.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpeg
IMG_6632.jpeg

Last edited:

TheTangtasticReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better removing the socks ? Give you more space and the mat will remove everything you need without having to remove and replace socks every 3 days or so , love the setup looks perfect so far

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better removing the socks ? Give you more space and the mat will remove everything you need without having to remove and replace socks every 3 days or so , love the setup looks perfect so far
My, perhaps naive, expectation is that the socks will virtually never get used or need to be cleaned. My intent is overflow (secondary drain) use only in the event of a clog/failure with the main drain. I don't want the secondary to empty into the sump without any filtration - so I left the socks. Will see how it works in practice!

Last edited:

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, the finishes on Cade tanks are second to none. I have a 72” x 34” x 26” (265g) custom Cade waiting for me to collect from my LFS. I just bought the tank though as I have everything else.

I won’t be able to set this one up until I finish building a new home though unfortunately.

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, the finishes on Cade tanks are second to none. I have a 72” x 34” x 26” (265g) custom Cade waiting for me to collect from my LFS. I just bought the tank though as I have everything else.

I won’t be able to set this one up until I finish building a new home though unfortunately.
Sounds like it'll be an exciting build!! I didn't know CADE built custom tanks..... Thanks for the awareness!

OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GETTING WET - courtesy of @AquaFX - Joseph!

AquaFX BlueFin 500gpd RO/DI system. So thankful for the AquaFX team, their attendance at ReefStock Denver 2023, and their after-sale support!

IMG_6807.jpeg

IMG_6806.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickSanford

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting Wet part II - overflow into sump.

70283974815__15985728-3620-4C3F-9B34-56C6F3C6515C.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great mate! Love the simplicity of your scape, and what a beauty if a tank! I own a 1200 myself, sadly didn't have room to go any bigger! Enjoy the journey- and thank you for bringing us along!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back