Cade 900 S2 - Flow question

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a primarily SPS tank, is 3 Nero 5’s and a Nero 3 overkill? I’d like to put them on the back wall using a food sealer to make the outer magnets water proof. That along w a Sicce 6.0 return.

Is this way overkill for acros? I’m thinking of putting the 3 5’s across the back and the 3 down lower centered. Or creating a diamond pattern on the back w them. Will I be sacrificing anything doing this vs putting any of the power heads on the left/right side?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a primarily SPS tank, is 3 Nero 5’s and a Nero 3 overkill? I’d like to put them on the back wall using a food sealer to make the outer magnets water proof. That along w a Sicce 6.0 return.

Is this way overkill for acros? I’m thinking of putting the 3 5’s across the back and the 3 down lower centered. Or creating a diamond pattern on the back w them. Will I be sacrificing anything doing this vs putting any of the power heads on the left/right side?
Nope. Not overkill at all! I am running 2 x ReefWave 45, 2 x MP40 and 1 x MP10 in my 1200! But flow is a dance that continues as your tank matures.. You'll have to move your powerheads around as your corals grow.. If your tank looks happy, you're doing something right :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back