Cade aquariums

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at getting at least a 200+ gallon tank in the future when I remodel my basement and am curious if anyone on here has any experience with Cade Aquariums. Their cabinet is top of the line from the looks of it and how its built but would like anyone's opinion who personally owns one if possible. Also if you know of any other big names other than Red Sea and Waterbox that would be worth looking into I would appreciate the info.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Firthy13 what do you think?
I haven't owned one personally but from what I saw at reefstock they seemed great, the only thing I've questioned design wise is the 15mm glass being strong enough and mounting lights and how difficult it is to cut the ATO cover and how easy it is to fill the ATO. They also come with a mesh lid now.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Cade for years (2ft cube) and they're just stunning tanks! In my opinion Cade and Waterbox are on the same level of quality and I honestly feel that Red Sea is the lesser of the three (personal opinion from my experience). Cade's can also be custom designed if you have the right contact too ;) You won't go wrong with a Cade or Waterbox though!

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Firthy13 what do you think?
I haven't owned one personally but from what I saw at reefstock they seemed great, the only thing I've questioned design wise is the 15mm glass being strong enough and mounting lights and how difficult it is to cut the ATO cover and how easy it is to fill the ATO. They also come with a mesh lid now.
Their new Pro Reef 1800 S2 model has 19mm glass, also has an aluminum sliding panel to attach light mounts to, and a spot to fill the ATO at the top of the tank.
I had a Cade for years (2ft cube) and they're just stunning tanks! In my opinion Cade and Waterbox are on the same level of quality and I honestly feel that Red Sea is the lesser of the three (personal opinion from my experience). Cade's can also be custom designed if you have the right contact too ;) You won't go wrong with a Cade or Waterbox though!
I was definitely gonna choose waterbox over the Red Sea but then started seeing stuff for Cade and their cabinet is basically everything you could ask for as far as an aquarium cabinet goes. Even has a section for all your electrical devices with 16 outlets installed into it. Im just curious on their overflow, or as they would call it the weir. I know they are big in Australia just would be nice to personally see one but I live in an extremely rural area of the US so unless I go to an aquarium show that they will be at or go to Florida which is a good 10-13hrs away Im just gonna have to take a chance on it. I'll add a picture of their new model I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200722_080856.jpg

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a 1500 S2 for 7 months now. They are a brilliantly designed tank. I find the sumps to be very user friendly and the layout gives a lot of space to fit almost any equipment you could think of. Check out my build thread. I removed my media baskets to allow my skimmer to fit in that section which has allowed me to utilize the largest section for my refugium. I was speaking to the Director of Cade Australia the other day about possibly doing a custom build. I was hoping to wide version of the 1800 S2, all the same dimension just another foot wider. They will build you anything you can think of. I couldn't recommend the company enough. Just keep in mind, due to covid and high demand for these tanks the wait time is a bit longer then normal.

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a 1500 S2 for 7 months now. They are a brilliantly designed tank. I find the sumps to be very user friendly and the layout gives a lot of space to fit almost any equipment you could think of. Check out my build thread. I removed my media baskets to allow my skimmer to fit in that section which has allowed me to utilize the largest section for my refugium. I was speaking to the Director of Cade Australia the other day about possibly doing a custom build. I was hoping to wide version of the 1800 S2, all the same dimension just another foot wider. They will build you anything you can think of. I couldn't recommend the company enough. Just keep in mind, due to covid and high demand for these tanks the wait time is a bit longer then normal.
Thats an awesome build. Nice to see one of their tanks in a different form other than advertising pictures. You definitely helped me make up my mind on deciding to go with one. I still got a few months before I can order it though (remodeling my basement). Hopefully by then the world will be a little settled down from the Covid situation. I am definitely gonna use your idea for the fuge light too, i dont wanna drill into the frame. But my only concern is gonna be getting that heavy of a tank into the basement. If the 1500 was over 500lbs i can only imagine what the 1800 is gonna weigh especially with having 19mm glass instead of 15mm. Thanks for showing me that though, definitely following your build.

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an awesome build. Nice to see one of their tanks in a different form other than advertising pictures. You definitely helped me make up my mind on deciding to go with one. I still got a few months before I can order it though (remodeling my basement). Hopefully by then the world will be a little settled down from the Covid situation. I am definitely gonna use your idea for the fuge light too, i dont wanna drill into the frame. But my only concern is gonna be getting that heavy of a tank into the basement. If the 1500 was over 500lbs i can only imagine what the 1800 is gonna weigh especially with having 19mm glass instead of 15mm. Thanks for showing me that though, definitely following your build.
That tank is going to be heavy! I would start hanging out in some local gyms and make friends with the biggest guys there! The quality of the glass and the aluminium stand are flawless. you wont be disappointed. If you have any questions, shoot me a message!

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is going to be heavy! I would start hanging out in some local gyms and make friends with the biggest guys there! The quality of the glass and the aluminium stand are flawless. you wont be disappointed. If you have any questions, shoot me a message!
Ironically I was just at the gym. I got a couple buddies and my brother in-law that are power lifters and bodybuilders. Its still definitely gonna be a task that's for sure.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically I was just at the gym. I got a couple buddies and my brother in-law that are power lifters and bodybuilders. Its still definitely gonna be a task that's for sure.
You're going to need every muscle they have! haha that was one thing I had forgotten, the cades weigh a tonne haha but you don't get that level of quality in the glass without the weight haha

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive paid for and ordered the Pro Reef 1800 S2 that was on the 29/2/20 and I'm still waiting . They have it at the suppliers but cant deliver it due to covid restrictions, and yes i to am looking forward to getting it. The whole setup seems right, my last 2 tanks let go at a seam due the timber base swelling , this one shouldn't, hopefully.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive paid for and ordered the Pro Reef 1800 S2 that was on the 29/2/20 and I'm still waiting . They have it at the suppliers but cant deliver it due to covid restrictions, and yes i to am looking forward to getting it. The whole setup seems right, my last 2 tanks let go at a seam due the timber base swelling , this one shouldn't, hopefully.
how did you order it already I never got the email from the form on their site and haven't seen anything on their Facebook page or website?

alansmith52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their new Pro Reef 1800 S2 model has 19mm glass, also has an aluminum sliding panel to attach light mounts to, and a spot to fill the ATO at the top of the tank.
I was definitely gonna choose waterbox over the Red Sea but then started seeing stuff for Cade and their cabinet is basically everything you could ask for as far as an aquarium cabinet goes. Even has a section for all your electrical devices with 16 outlets installed into it. Im just curious on their overflow, or as they would call it the weir. I know they are big in Australia just would be nice to personally see one but I live in an extremely rural area of the US so unless I go to an aquarium show that they will be at or go to Florida which is a good 10-13hrs away Im just gonna have to take a chance on it. I'll add a picture of their new model I'm talking about.
I really like the way these look. What about the metric plumbing? that's what I keep coming back to.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back