OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the way these look. What about the metric plumbing? that's what I keep coming back to.
Yeah that kinda is a small hassle but nothing major. Just have to find metric plumbing parts to add anything extra that you need or I have seen people on their build threads using hose instead of hard plumbing. But they do come with all the basic plumbing and extra for a reactor or two.

Bizzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at getting at least a 200+ gallon tank in the future when I remodel my basement and am curious if anyone on here has any experience with Cade Aquariums. Their cabinet is top of the line from the looks of it and how its built but would like anyone's opinion who personally owns one if possible. Also if you know of any other big names other than Red Sea and Waterbox that would be worth looking into I would appreciate the info.
I have the Cade 1800 S2 which was ordered on August 30th via Algaebarn website and delivered on October 2nd. I kept going back and forth between Red Sea and Waterbox but once I saw the Cade on Youtube, my mind was made up! The stand with all the access doors and the ATO was what did it for me. So far so good, extremely happy with my decision.

Bizzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the way these look. What about the metric plumbing? that's what I keep coming back to.
Metric plumbing may be an issue down the line but I currently am using all the stock plumbing with exption of soft tubing I used for UV sterilizer

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metric plumbing may be an issue down the line but I currently am using all the stock plumbing with exption of soft tubing I used for UV sterilizer
It seems like that's what everyone has been using for their UV on them for now. Im sure you can order metric plumbing from somewhere but yeah I have thought about the being harder to readily get.

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my 1800 is in and cycling extremely happy I placed it across a corner of my room giving me access to the back and formed a place to hide a lot of the gear all the controllers are mounted on the back of the tank and arent visable from the front

Ocadenas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their new Pro Reef 1800 S2 model has 19mm glass, also has an aluminum sliding panel to attach light mounts to, and a spot to fill the ATO at the top of the tank.
I was definitely gonna choose waterbox over the Red Sea but then started seeing stuff for Cade and their cabinet is basically everything you could ask for as far as an aquarium cabinet goes. Even has a section for all your electrical devices with 16 outlets installed into it. Im just curious on their overflow, or as they would call it the weir. I know they are big in Australia just would be nice to personally see one but I live in an extremely rural area of the US so unless I go to an aquarium show that they will be at or go to Florida which is a good 10-13hrs away Im just gonna have to take a chance on it. I'll add a picture of their new model I'm talking about.
I'm undecided as well between waterbox and Cade. I love the sump and cabinet systems on the Cade aquariums and having high and low weir is excellent. I'm more certain that Cade would be a great choice

shnapper20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm undecided as well between waterbox and Cade. I love the sump and cabinet systems on the Cade aquariums and having high and low weir is excellent. I'm more certain that Cade would be a great choice
I’ve had my cade 1800 for about a month and im very happy

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back