Cade Chaos Grimoire

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange shoulder and my hippo do the same thing and always have. I did a dip on both, but nothing. Come to find out, quite a few others have had this happen with both fish.

My orange shoulder does this as well.

my foxface does this.
i think it's trying to evolve.
Lost a foxface and a male swallowtail doing the exact same thing. They did it for months. Noticed they wasn't eating as much and both got skinny before they died. It wasn't too long after the tang started. He does it with pellets, nori and frozen mysis. Treated the tank with 2 doses of prazi back to back with no changes. My QT is only a 20 gal. Probably not big enough.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 years ago vs today....
597ace0d-9ce4-4759-854f-343be32272af.png

PXL_20220114_135758437.jpg

Same clowns, they got a few upgrades from that rescue tank. Trying to dig up the day I took the tank photo....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, update: cbb switched back corners from last night to this morning. And snagged a couple tiny pieces of food when I fed this morning. It's a step, hopefully out and about more soon

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found them. Picked this tank up Jan 3, 2018 from a friend who'd left it at her moms when she moved out. We couldn't see in it.

I unfortunately didn't take a pickup photo but I have the next day. At this point I'd already cleaned the glass and done an additional water change from the night before (we replaced about half the water the night I brought it home). Looks like I took a few as it settled and cleared up throughout the day.

MVIMG_20180104_224450.jpg
MVIMG_20180104_203411.jpg
MVIMG_20180104_201634.jpg

She also had a marineland freshwater led on it, with 75% of the diodes burned out, but she gave me this, which I got functioning bulbs into and ran instead, much better.

MVIMG_20180104_200649.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. We're swimming the back wall a little bit today. Still not venturing out into the main tank though.

I think the melanurus is getting concerned... When the cbb was hiding in the corner he kept swimming back to check on him.

Watching now & every time the cbb picks a spot to settle, the melanurus comes and hangs out nearby again.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes i change the currents up for a few days to change things up on the fish if they are being prickly to a newbie.
also, save some mysis for the morning before the lights are on.
my cbb never sleeps. and i mean never. it eats when i'm feeding the suns and the chili's early morning before lights on.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes i change the currents up for a few days to change things up on the fish if they are being prickly to a newbie.
also, save some mysis for the morning before the lights are on.
my cbb never sleeps. and i mean never. it eats when i'm feeding the suns and the chili's early morning before lights on.
The house lights up well before the tank lights up due to "sun" and other sources of ambient light :rolleyes: I'll try to beat it tomorrow and do that but it's been cold every morning so leaving the bed is difficult.

Flow is on random though, idk how close it a formula that follows.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some awesome pics. What camera are you using? What are the settings?
Pixel 4xl. Some with the orphek orange& yellow filters stacked, no additional adjustments. Some with just the orange that comes with the avast marine porthole & tint adjusted fully adjusted up. My pixel *loves* to pull blue, even though to the naked eye my blues aren't even noticable.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pixel 4xl. Some with the orphek orange& yellow filters stacked, no additional adjustments. Some with just the orange that comes with the avast marine porthole & tint adjusted fully adjusted up. My pixel *loves* to pull blue, even though to the naked eye my blues aren't even noticable.
Pixels seem to do pretty darn well.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned before, we got the tank free from an LFS, used. My incredibly talented husband built a new stand and canopy - as well as a matching cabinet because the one that came with was falling apart and white. Here's a few photos as it was starting up.... Mostly to show off his skills.
MVIMG_20181213_141948.jpg
MVIMG_20190105_121708.jpg
IMG_20190407_111054.jpg
I'm loving the towel rod. I need to do that so I can stop getting yelled at for wetting her floors. LOL

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back