OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize how much I missed having a cleaner wrasse in my tank until watching this guy go to town tonight with everyone. Scopas especially seems to like him, keep catching him cleaning around the scar tissue from his "deformity"

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the copperband eating?
Pretty sure he ate a piece of the nyos artemis earlier, he definitely went after it at least.

Day 1 is scary, we'll see what happens tomorrow though. Chocolate tang is not a fan of this intruder.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got any of the tiny dusters in the sump?
if so scrape some and add them to where ever tank the cbb is in.
Not this tank, but the 4g has a ton I can scrape from the back

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not realize how much I missed having a cleaner wrasse in my tank until watching this guy go to town tonight with everyone. Scopas especially seems to like him, keep catching him cleaning around the scar tissue from his "deformity"
I want this....

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure he ate a piece of the nyos artemis earlier, he definitely went after it at least.

Day 1 is scary, we'll see what happens tomorrow though. Chocolate tang is not a fan of this intruder.
I didn't think that tangs would care about it copper band..

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does cleaner wrasse only clean parasites off fish? What other food do they eat? Pods?
Depends on the type. This kind eats anything else as well.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
save me from reading back..... what type of cleaner did you get?
Bicolor. I've caught him eating frozen already & from the auto feeder. Just have to make sure I keep up with his metabolism.

CBB still hiding in the corner :confused: chocolate hasn't even looked that way today yet

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to QT all my fish. Not only for disease, but to get them to eat without competition form others. You be surprised how quick a fish turns into a pig eating all alone. I only treat if needed.

But I may have missed one and have to catch all my fish here shortly. I have an orange shoulder tang that gulps for air only after eating for an hour or so. I need to catch him for fresh water dip to see what comes off of him.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to QT all my fish. Not only for disease, but to get them to eat without competition form others. You be surprised how quick a fish turns into a pig eating all alone. I only treat if needed.

But I may have missed one and have to catch all my fish here shortly. I have an orange shoulder tang that gulps for air only after eating for an hour or so. I need to catch him for fresh water dip to see what comes off of him.
My orange shoulder and my hippo do the same thing and always have. I did a dip on both, but nothing. Come to find out, quite a few others have had this happen with both fish.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My orange shoulder and my hippo do the same thing and always have. I did a dip on both, but nothing. Come to find out, quite a few others have had this happen with both fish.
My orange shoulder does this as well.
my foxface does this.
i think it's trying to evolve.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, definitely something I want to set up when we move and I have actual real space. This house is tiny. As it is right now this tank takes up everything lol. The biggest thing I have space for aside from this is a little four gallon which is not suitable for quarantine without creating a lot more stress for the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back