Cade Chaos Grimoire

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So aiptasia... Are they solid colored? I'm trying to decide if that's what I have from my TBS rock or another type of pest? anenome. Mine have stripes. It's only these ones on this one rock. So I can eliminate if needed.
That looks like the variety I have.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So aiptasia... Are they solid colored? I'm trying to decide if that's what I have from my TBS rock or another type of pest? anenome. Mine have stripes. It's only these ones on this one rock. So I can eliminate if needed.
Some of mine look like that. Not guaranteeing they're aiptasia though, just what I've been calling all the pest nems I see in my tank

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are Stylophora and Cyphastrea?
Yes cyphastria and leptastria Neither has taken over the other. They like each other well enough.

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a John Deere Leptastrea?
No it's like a red and orange not green. Meteor shower yes. And I have a green and blue cyphastria.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I've ordered nothing, I'm still eyeballing some stuff. I'd love to set up trades and/or purchases from/with those of you that have things I like - but I have nothing to trade yet lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I saw a lil cowfish dude at the lfs today. I can see the attraction, so darn cute.
I was supposed to be adding a black box as well, but she arrived doa. I'm hoping to reorder the end of next week so she arrives while I'm on vacation all week long the week afterwards. Hopefully still available then.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. NO signs of the cbb. If he died they ate him fast, or he got buried. I'm at a loss. No ideas.

Everything standing up again. Both bb toadstools got knocked down badly so neither have polyps out currently. I moved the green sinularia and a couple other things from their initial temp placements to see if they're happier in these spots instead.

Any recommendations for additions that either A will move easily to the other tank once it's time or B will play nicely in a seahorse tank (gorgs, softies, nps, etc)

Photos.

1707576148502.png
1707576196124.png

1707576162995.png
1707576172601.png
Did you check behind the tank to see if it jumped. Had that happen several times. Had a 5 inch hippo tang go missing. Figured out he jumped when the house smelled like rotten fish.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check behind the tank to see if it jumped. Had that happen several times. Had a 5 inch hippo tang go missing. Figured out he jumped when the house smelled like rotten fish.
Oh man, yeah it's very well lidded but I double checked anyway - nothing

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We cleared out a huge amount of scrub brush and smaller trees (4 inches or less around) on Saturday - then burned everything we could yesterday. We have a stack of the thicker trunks that need to dry out before we can burn them.

This coming weekend we'll continue clearing more - if the weather permits. Most of the scrub and small stuff we need out, is out. It's getting into the bigger ones next.

We cleared out about 10ft of pine needles around the temp fence as well, still need to get everything out further back of that - it's a good foot deep in some places and *highly* flammable.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We cleared out a huge amount of scrub brush and smaller trees (4 inches or less around) on Saturday - then burned everything we could yesterday. We have a stack of the thicker trunks that need to dry out before we can burn them.

This coming weekend we'll continue clearing more - if the weather permits. Most of the scrub and small stuff we need out, is out. It's getting into the bigger ones next.

We cleared out about 10ft of pine needles around the temp fence as well, still need to get everything out further back of that - it's a good foot deep in some places and *highly* flammable.
Burn Baby Burn Fire GIF by Mitski

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not order corals last weekend.

The fish I was going to reorder this weekend with my credit so it arrives while I'm on vacation next week is now out of stock. A sign maybe? But now I'm sitting on that credit :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are culturing pods. They have ruby red dragonet blenny in stock. Definitely would add some color to your tank.
I am successfully culturing phyto, I'm not sure about the pods yet though....

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%

Back