Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original plan was approx 133g display, ended up going with approx 178g display instead. Peninsula.
Hell Yeah Cmt GIF by Redneck Island

You’re gonna love that thang! I’ll never own any other tank unless I go with a large 4 sided one to replace my pool table… shhhhh :zipper-mouth-face:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I keep thinking about it… yikes… replace that pool table that’s a laundry folding table more than anything and replace it with a 5x8 tank :expressionless-face: Haha! It would take up the same floor space.. don’t mind the tank it’s snowing currently lol..
IMG_3320.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I keep thinking about it… yikes… replace that pool table that’s a laundry folding table more than anything and replace it with a 5x8 tank :expressionless-face: Haha! It would take up the same floor space.. don’t mind the tank it’s snowing currently lol..
IMG_3320.jpeg
This sounds like a much better use of space

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, excellent choice on a peninsula tank. Three sides of rock for corals. Who makes a 178 gal tank? What are the dimensions?
It's the Cade reef s2/p 1500. 178g display, 32 operating sump, 210 total capacity.

Tank dimensions are approx 59in x 29in x 24in -- it's all done mm so that's why the inch conversions are weird.

I went back and forth between another cade & joe. I don't have the technical skills (patience, mostly) for the plumbing aspect of it but I know a ton of the cronies would have walked me through it. Ultimately, the deciding factor was the stand. Hubs can build a beautiful stand.... in a year once the house is finally put together fully and he's built everything else he needs to build first. This way, I get it all sooner & my fish aren't suffering in this cube so long.

Originally I was going to go w/ the 1200 peninsula, but they're still backordered and now until summer. With the current discount (which doesn't apply to the 1200) it made the 1500 about $100 more. I wasn't going to do the upgrade at full price, but that changed things.

Conveniently, all the gear I have set aside from my old 1200 reef style was slightly oversized anyway and will work out just fine in the 1500. Lights are a little bit short, BUT rated for this size with mixed reef and even larger for soft dominant. I plan on going mixed anyway.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I need to buy for the tank will be an ATS. The one I was running was undersized on the 1200 so it got moved to the cube and will stay there.

IDK what kind I want to go with for the new tank? :thinking-face:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
what's @Projects with Sam building ?... :thinking-face: :)
hehe not an ATS. though it'd be pretty easy to put one together with the arduino stuff I've got going already.
Though if I did one, It would be in one of those metal outdoor outlet boxes with the pump plug-in like a regular wall-plug.
Though if I'm doing it I'd do it like the auto aqua with 3 pumps, 2 optical sensors (I'd pair the opticals with contactless water sensors though) - that would be in an outdoor metal quad duplex box with an OLED and buttons where the 4th plug-in would go.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped wrapping my hand Saturday. Off work sat/sun. Had to reglue last night, accidentally scraped inside a box 20 minutes before I left work yesterday and reopened completely.

Hurt worse than last week when it initially happened.

Guess I'm back to wrapping my hand.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back