OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my main reason for not glueing the diy tank is no place to set it once done. I need to take down my Evo for the real estate, and I keep putting fish in there for observation.

Do you have a plan for yours?
Nope lol but right now it's all taped up on the dining room table

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope lol but right now it's all taped up on the dining room table
10 steps closer to done than mine all flat packed in box still.....

Snl Idk GIF by Saturday Night Live

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unpacked another couple boxes.

Skeletor tasks completed: got bath, started his laundry, did his nails, cleaned his ears, etc. also cleaned the shower after he was washed.

Water break for me. Catching up on threads and trying to decide if I want to go to the grocery store first or try to do the little tank :thinking-face:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm annoyed. I purchased the sicce that was originally recommended in that thread not realizing that they changed the size they were going with by the actual production. So this is too small to connect :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway. Sides and bottom all put together. Will water test tomorrow night (maybe?) then drain and let it dry and either fix it or put the rest together if it passes

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyway. Sides and bottom all put together. Will water test tomorrow night (maybe?) then drain and let it dry and either fix it or put the rest together if it passes
Bored GIF
Stop Motion Good Luck GIF by Jeremy Fisher
... ;) :)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My eye was acting up yesterday so I did not get do the leak test. I will be doing it when I get home today I think.
Mine's leak testing right now. So far so good.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news, I did a terrible job - as expected. Not sure if it'll be easier to just silicone seal the entire seamway or redo a line of the weldon - that stuff is so thin I'm concerned I'll get lines all over if I go with that.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, an animal got hit in the road the other day (very sad) while I was at work and before I had a chance to get home and claim it, animal control came out and cleaned it up :loudly-crying-face: I wanted a cat skull but hubs didn't want to touch gore

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news:

All 8 quail are laying eggs for us now. We are rich in quail egg. Probably going to set about pickling a bunch of them.... or maybe making a custard?

Many things are growing in the garden finally. Okra is doing great. I have quite a few rhubarb sprouts, some dwarf pomegranate, goji berry, and ground cherries. Also herb garden is finally starting to sprout - lots of tarragon so far and some dill.

When I ordered the wrong return pump for the tenecor, I also ordered some fish food on a whim. Turns out my fish go absolutely ape for Live Aquaria's food. They LOVE it.

Day off tomorrow, Harbor Freight is doing some sale on their standing toolbox crate thingies (idk, Matt just told me he needs my car to acquire). Probably going to reseal the pico :rolleyes: and also work on chopping and burning more wood after that

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great news, I did a terrible job - as expected. Not sure if it'll be easier to just silicone seal the entire seamway or redo a line of the weldon - that stuff is so thin I'm concerned I'll get lines all over if I go with that.
Nope ,silicone will not hold on acrylic , do all sides and bottom seams a few hrs apart ,
on flat ,in other words bottom 1st, lay on side ,and rotate for each side seam... :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope ,silicone will not hold on acrylic , do all sides and bottom seams a few hrs apart ,
on flat ,in other words bottom 1st, lay on side ,and rotate for each side seam... :)
I hate this project

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also they definitely talked about silicone being an option for putting this stupid thing together at one point. :rolleyes:

I think I went too light handed w/ the weldon trying not to make a massive mess. Good news - I didn't make a mess initially - it looked great. Just tons of pinhole leaks. Stupid. I'm sure it'll look disgusting once I reseal.

Last edited:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also they definitely talked about silicone being an option for putting this stupid thing together at one point. :rolleyes:

I think I went too light handed w/ the weldon trying not to make a massive mess. Good news - I didn't make a mess initially - it looked great. Just tons of pinhole leaks. Stupid.
failure waiting to happen w silicon , hard no , maybe insert section, but I would not do it ... :oops:

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back