Cade Chaos Grimoire

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherubs, wrasse, goby, gorgs, pods
I just ordered my first gorgs. Excited. Got a frilly purple and another something. Trying out dwarf seahorses soon. A friend has some and they're just too cute.

I realized too late that the larger ponies need a larger system, so my only chance to give them a try is dwarfs in my 15g cube. In my freshwater days I had a giant colony of cherry shrimp and they were tiny, largest at about an inch, so I'm used to hunting to see the critters.

You were doing bigger ponies in the cube after the move, right?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walkabout to check the view then back down to home?
Maybe? Lol

Tomorrow I'm going to do some rearranging in the tank and some water tests before we head out to the breweries. Make sure everything is good to go for the new arrivals next week.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my first gorgs. Excited. Got a frilly purple and another something. Trying out dwarf seahorses soon. A friend has some and they're just too cute.

I realized too late that the larger ponies need a larger system, so my only chance to give them a try is dwarfs in my 15g cube. In my freshwater days I had a giant colony of cherry shrimp and they were tiny, largest at about an inch, so I'm used to hunting to see the critters.

You were doing bigger ponies in the cube after the move, right?
I am, I can't wait. I got a couple mandarins coming this week with all the pods and I plan to keep the mandarins in the pony tank. Everything else will be moved to the bigger tank though.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Season 1 Fox GIF by Joe Millionaire

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What started as me ordering gorgs and pods for the tank this morning, turned into me using up random credits all over the place....

2 order locations somehow became 5.... :upside-down-face:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I'm home...

When you doing the dwarfs? I can't wait to see them, they're so cute
Dunno. Mid week I think. Ordered the gorgs to be here Tues and I have been culturing bbs every day to get the hang of it. Also ordered more pods to seed the tank and start a new culture. I'm hearing they are demanding lil dudes so I'm hoping to get a good population of self sustaining food going. Today I cleaned up the tank and removed coral I think would sting them. Trying to read if Kenya tree is dwarf seahorses safe or not? Getting conflicting info...

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank maintained.....

Filter roller fixed, again (this time the sensor fell off, oops....)

Carbon swapped

Bacteria ball things refreshed

Water tested (alk, mag, cal)

Glass wiped, inside and out

All the stragglers that fell placed in real locations

Rack taken down

Every skeleton that didn't make the move or bounce back after 3 months pulled

Uhhh.... I think that's everything?

Need to go on another aip hunt, they've really gotten out of control - but I think the juice is in storage and didn't make it here - oops.

I'd post a photo but it just snowed in there....

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my good dailies from moonshiners accidentally made their way into storage instead of over here with us. Trying to find a cheap sub for in between, definitely noticing a decline in shrooms, etc without them. Not a fan of the red sea stuff because it made such a spike in nutrients somehow still.... maybe it was just the aminos that did that? the neon yellow stuff? :thinking-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemicals: ordered (1-10 days shipping)
Baby Brine Shrimp: Thursday delivery - they were a cheap addon and I was trying to use up all the credit somewhere
2 Mandarin: Thursday
Leopard Wrasse: Thursday (I have yet to have one survive to my door so, we'll see)
Pods: asked for Thursday but they didn't respond so maybe sooner, not critical if so - everyone in this house but me is retired or WFH so the pkg won't sit outside.
Neon Goby: Thursday (another cheapy to use up the credit the rest of the way somewhere)
Timor Wrasse: Thursday
2 more cherubs: Thursday (please survive this time!!! - hoping the pods being in the tank will help since last time they hid and refused to come out to eat)
Gorgs & Snails: no idea, I don't get to pick a shipping day for them, but again, they'll be okay if they show up because they'll be pulled inside right away and won't sit in the sun. I don't stress about them hanging out in bags a few extra hours like I would fish or other corals.

I'm excited for this week (minus work).

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1, neon goby, like the little tiny cleaner one? If so I have one and I wruv him. He's in my Evo, and always comes up for greetings every time I go view the tank. Always see him, every time. Even though he's so tiny.
2, cherubs? The last ones didn't make it? Aww, I missed that info, sorry. I almost added a cherub with my gorg order but last sec decided not to
3, where were you getting gorgs from? I'd like to browse for more if possible.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 118 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back