Cade Reef 1500 S2

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much was that order? I like the Inkbird.. I have the wifi version so I can see whats going on when not at home..

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pumped, my 1500 ships in a week or so and I got on that Black Friday deal! Great looking build man! Following

Can’t wait to follow your build!

***Edit***
I just took a look at the sale package and I’m super jealous! That’s an insane deal. The rock and sand alone is worth several hundred bucks. If anyone else is on the fence about this tank now is the time to pull the trigger, this package makes the tank a much better value than the Waterbox.

Last edited:
OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 11-10-20

So the build is coming along very nicely. The tank is cycled and will be ready for fish by the end of the month. I've been dosing Ammonia and the tank can convert 1ppm of Ammonia to Nitrate in about 48 hours. Now I have a tank with 60+ppm of Nitrate so I'm going to have to figure that out before the fish go in. I'll probably just do a few very large water changes. I've dosed Brightwell Start and just a few days ago MB7. I also added Coralline Algae seed from AlgaeBarn.

I have 2/3 of the lights mounted, the lsat light is still on my frag tank, that will be moved over once the corals come over. They mounted to the rear of the tank a lot better than I thought they would. I'm not sure if I'm going to cut out notches for the light mounts on the ATO lid or just leave it how it's pictured. Using an Apogee PAR meter I'm getting 300-400 PAR on the top most rock work and 75-100 at the sand bed. I will tune this down a tad but it's pretty close already.

Got the MP40s mounted and spinning, 50% ReefCrest seems to be just fine but I really won't know until I get corals inside. I don't plan on adding corals until the first signs of Coralline Algae growth.

62630154515__6D15DACE-C1DB-46D9-A3AB-2C29BE72049E.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

I got the skimmer running in the sump, this is my first time using a skimmer. The Maxspect seems pretty easy, I adjusted it to a "light bioload" as per the illustrations and adjusted the pump speed and gate valve until the small/micro bubbles turned into larger bubbles in the neck, just past the start/bottom of the collection cup. I have also made a couple deals on the market place and arranged to purchase a Kessil H160 Fuge light and sell my H80 Fuge light. So that upgrade is on its way.

I still have some controller mounting and cable management to complete but I did tidy up a bit.

Really the only equipment missing is quality of life items and battery backup. Keeping in mind the Apex, Trident, and Dose will also be coming over to this tank once the corals and last light come over.

IMG_0422.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

IMG_0424.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my original plan was to wait another week to start adding fish but I don't want to keep dosing this tank with ammonia in order to keep the cycle. I will be stocking fish this weekend. No tangs yet, I can't afford them this month. I'm just going to move my clowns and goby over from my frag tank and pick up some inexpensive peaceful fish from the local fish store. That's the working plan at the moment but I always seem to spend more money than I plan when I goto the fish store. Stay tuned for results.

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 11-14-20

It’s been a long day. Two 40 gallon water changes and my nitrates are still 50+. I’ll be doing two more tomorrow so hopefully I can get them in the 20ppm range where I’m comfortable for FOWLR.

Between water changes I did manage to do some serious cable management. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I also got the new fuge light installed and printed shade so light isn’t spilling all over the sump. PAR readings are 100-150 in the refugium. I can get 250-350 at full intensity but I’m not sure what range I should be in. Any suggestions??

50A1D007-5EC6-4E1B-A5B9-B7880DCA54F7.jpeg
D04EF3C2-5BD3-43B3-9868-931E1D8F5C6D.jpeg
2BCDEFD7-9A7D-470C-B4A3-FDFE41EEF8E8.jpeg
5D6A0235-29C0-491D-97EE-351BEF8DC7C0.jpeg

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank! I just ordered the 1500 myself. Do you know the plumbing size of the down flow? Is it 3/4 or 1in? I'm thinking about adding a filter roller in mine once it arrives.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new 1500 is shipping in the next few days... Super excited.

Can anyone confirm if the plumbing is Imperial or Metric? Cade said Imperial, but I feel I've read that everyone is saying metric?

Also I'm nervous about the lighting mounting options... doesn't seem like there is a great solution for mounting due to the fish net and the ATO chamber door. Have you guys come up with any options?

Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new 1500 is shipping in the next few days... Super excited.

Can anyone confirm if the plumbing is Imperial or Metric? Cade said Imperial, but I feel I've read that everyone is saying metric?

Also I'm nervous about the lighting mounting options... doesn't seem like there is a great solution for mounting due to the fish net and the ATO chamber door. Have you guys come up with any options?

Appreciate the help.

I'm not sure if it's Imperial or Metric, I haven't had to do anything with it. As for mounting, see my previous posts. Lights mount just fine.

John Reefer Vermont

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Midgaar

I just ordered a 1500 myself. Your set up looks absolutely awesome. Great job.

Can you confirm the plumbing size for the drains, the supply and the ATO line. I know it is metric and I am going to be installing a clarisea, instead of using the socks. I will have to retrofit the sump but I really don't want to use socks.

I saw, in an earlier post, that you mention that the drains are 40mm.

Thank you so much

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Midgaar

I just ordered a 1500 myself. Your set up looks absolutely awesome. Great job.

Can you confirm the plumbing size for the drains, the supply and the ATO line. I know it is metric and I am going to be installing a clarisea, instead of using the socks. I will have to retrofit the sump but I really don't want to use socks.

I saw, in an earlier post, that you mention that the drains are 40mm.

Thank you so much

I don’t really have any way to measure anything but the over flow drains. Anything else and I would have to disassemble things. I’m sure @AlgaeBarn would be able to get you those specs though.

I did see another 1800 build where the guy removed the filter sock holders all together and had a larger refugium section. You may be able to do something like that and a roller. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kris’s-reef-200gal-cade-1800-pro-reef.771277/

I have also been eyeing up the drop in 4” rollers. With very minor modifications it seems like they would work.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Algae Barn yesterday and they told me the following:

Imperial Plumbing -
-Drain pipes - 1.5"
-Return pipes - 3/4"
-Manifold Hose barbs - 1/2"

I still have seen so many posts that that say they are Metric though and why I made the post looking for clarity of someone who had a new setup in the US.

John Reefer Vermont

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really have any way to measure anything but the over flow drains. Anything else and I would have to disassemble things. I’m sure @AlgaeBarn would be able to get you those specs though.

I did see another 1800 build where the guy removed the filter sock holders all together and had a larger refugium section. You may be able to do something like that and a roller. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kris’s-reef-200gal-cade-1800-pro-reef.771277/

I have also been eyeing up the drop in 4” rollers. With very minor modifications it seems like they would work.
Yes, I saw those but the reviews are not so hot

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Algae Barn yesterday and they told me the following:

Imperial Plumbing -
-Drain pipes - 1.5"
-Return pipes - 3/4"
-Manifold Hose barbs - 1/2"

I still have seen so many posts that that say they are Metric though and why I made the post looking for clarity of someone who had a new setup in the US.
Wow thanks for calling them and clarifying! Very helpful

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for calling them and clarifying! Very helpful
I'm not confident it is correct though based on info I see online... That's why i was double checking.

I'd be very happy if they did use imperial on the cadeusa tanks.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more pictures of things coming together. I’m hoping to have the rock work done tomorrow but it doesn’t look like that will be the case.
859D1AD6-DEA9-4C2A-858C-28E1326796FA.jpeg
83D2AFD1-EBD1-4CE3-AA13-FC407C5FCFD1.jpeg
487AADDA-7EBF-46BF-96AA-5F2B146EBB59.jpeg
38BC2D8E-8FED-4B56-B6E0-3794C8B40D75.jpeg
CB4ED9C3-FDEF-4D24-A4FB-4A3C6900510B.jpeg
0C4AB045-8D15-429C-A84C-10D21ABE9C68.jpeg
I love your idea of using the shipping container to set up your aquascape! Just pulled the trigger on the Algae Barn deal the CADE 1800. Following your build closely.

Last edited:

JMac82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build is coming along nicely. The next step on my 1200 is get all the wiring manage and update my build thread. Hopefully I can get it done while I’m off this week.

AB has been great with any questions I have had.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! Love the setup! Can't wait to see it progress!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back