Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium Calculation Dosing Question?

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by Jeremy Lain, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain Member

Hello, I am trying to find out how much Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium is being used in a day in my reef tank. I don't currently have a 2 part dosing system to keep the levels right and I am using 2 different things do dose and it is been working, but I need help with the calculations. I might purchase 2 part later on but this is what I have for now. I am using Liquid Calcium by kent marine(that says on the bottle to add 1-5 ml for 50 gallons each day), and purple tech by kent marine which has calcium and magnesium in it (that says add 5-10 ml each day until levels are reached). I guess what I am asking is can you help me know how much is Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium are being used each day, and how much of this stuff I need to add each day. I have been kind of just adding a little bit at a time, and then testing it to see if I need to add more and its been working, but this can get expensive fast (buying water tests) and I would like to try to keep the water parameters the same all the time, and I am not really sure how often to test.

2. redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish Stay Positive, Stay Productive R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

3. Jeremy Lain

Jeremy Lain Member

Thank you for your reply, I will be reading about this.

Draft saved Draft deleted