Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium Calculation Dosing Question?

Jeremy Lain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am trying to find out how much Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium is being used in a day in my reef tank. I don't currently have a 2 part dosing system to keep the levels right and I am using 2 different things do dose and it is been working, but I need help with the calculations. I might purchase 2 part later on but this is what I have for now. I am using Liquid Calcium by kent marine(that says on the bottle to add 1-5 ml for 50 gallons each day), and purple tech by kent marine which has calcium and magnesium in it (that says add 5-10 ml each day until levels are reached). I guess what I am asking is can you help me know how much is Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium are being used each day, and how much of this stuff I need to add each day. I have been kind of just adding a little bit at a time, and then testing it to see if I need to add more and its been working, but this can get expensive fast (buying water tests) and I would like to try to keep the water parameters the same all the time, and I am not really sure how often to test.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back