Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium Calculation Dosing Question?

Jeremy Lain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
385
Reaction score
96
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am trying to find out how much Calcium, DKH, and Magnesium is being used in a day in my reef tank. I don't currently have a 2 part dosing system to keep the levels right and I am using 2 different things do dose and it is been working, but I need help with the calculations. I might purchase 2 part later on but this is what I have for now. I am using Liquid Calcium by kent marine(that says on the bottle to add 1-5 ml for 50 gallons each day), and purple tech by kent marine which has calcium and magnesium in it (that says add 5-10 ml each day until levels are reached). I guess what I am asking is can you help me know how much is Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium are being used each day, and how much of this stuff I need to add each day. I have been kind of just adding a little bit at a time, and then testing it to see if I need to add more and its been working, but this can get expensive fast (buying water tests) and I would like to try to keep the water parameters the same all the time, and I am not really sure how often to test.
 
Thank you for your reply, I will be reading about this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new