Calcium reactor regulator part question.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.
I had this SS regulator built by someone on another forum awhile back. Well my kid got in there and twisted some knobs while I was out swapping co2 tanks. I’m having trouble getting co2 to enter my reactor now even at a PSI of 20. Well I came across this knob that I don’t recall what it does.
FEBEA6F0-8519-4253-A512-49F415A66487.jpeg

I opened it up and co2 started flying threw the bubble counter. It was fully seated and I’m not sure where it should be? I have it hardly cracked open but don’t want to dump a full tank as I’m not sure what it’s purpose is?
Thanks for any help on ID and function.

Matt

I thought that picture was more zoomed in. I’m referring to the all SS metal knob on the bottom of the regulator body in the picture

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have one of these but it sounds like to me the solid steel knob is the needle valve
Similar to this one

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have one of these but it sounds like to me the solid steel knob is the needle valve
Similar to this one
Seems to function like that too. I’ve always had to run around 10-15 psi to my reactor to get bubbles in the counter. I thought maybe that’s just what it took to push the co2 check valve open, but maybe it was actually this first needle valve being close too much? I know a few people only pushing 3-5 psi with steady bubble rates. I’ll have to play with it and see. I was just worried it was a relief valve and I was gonna dump the tank.

Thanks,
Matt

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back