Calcium reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use my KHD to control my alk through calcium reactor, instead of using Kh solution.
If so, how do I set it up

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use my KHD to control my alk through calcium reactor, instead of using Kh solution.
If so, how do I set it up
I don't think I would use the KHD, I would control a Calcium reactor from an additional PH probe on your Profilux. I was going to go this route but went a different way instead.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the KH increase and decrease option you could control the regulator on and off.

4483EE36-6D9D-4C28-8745-5C8978473FDB.png

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controlling a Calcium Reactor with a KHD is available only when you have a ProfiLux 4 controller. We have explanations of the control options on our KHD manual, see page 39 and 40.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little curious about whats trying to be accomplished here and "KH control". Usually controlling a Ca reactor is about maintaining a PH range inside the reactor for controlled dissolution of media. I use a PH probe on Apex to turn on/off the CO2 solenoid to maintain a PH range in the reactor. As far as effluent out of the reactor that's just a controllable drip. Different controller same concept.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little curious about whats trying to be accomplished here and "KH control". Usually controlling a Ca reactor is about maintaining a PH range inside the reactor for controlled dissolution of media. I use a PH probe on Apex to turn on/off the CO2 solenoid to maintain a PH range in the reactor. As far as effluent out of the reactor that's just a controllable drip. Different controller same concept.
Would work as a failsafe. Main control would still be effected through pH, but if KH spiked, then the P4 can stop the addition of CO2 or increase the pH setpoint for the reactor automatically, or if the KH is low, then it can adjust the pH of the reactor to go lower and deliver more KH for whatever effluent rate the reactor is fixed to deliver. The KHD allows maximum limits to be set for the increase/decrease in reactor pH to avoid melting/turning to sludge whatever brand of media you happen to be using. It is all explained quite clearly in the manual at the pages referenced by Vinny above.

OP
OP
Y

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked on these pages and didn’t find anything that was related to my question
Is there any video tutorial, hot to rig this up?

Gribbliest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just need my CalRx already.......

I have everything else I need. Come on GeosReef!!!!!!!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the Profilux can do XYZ programming so I assume all you would need to do is set up a command.

The Basic Logic would be like this.
If pH_React < 7.0 AND Dkh > 8.5 then CO2 = Off

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a ProfiLux and KHD, the ProfiLux is the primary means of Calcium Reactor control and KHD is your fine-tuned control.

1. Go to pH probe settings page, set desired pH level

2. Go to switch channels settings page, select the outlet that has the CO2 connected to it, set the function to pH control downwards. Save settings. ProfiLux will now handle primary Calcium Reactor control.

3. Go KHD settings page, set mode to Calcium Reactor, select pH probe being used for calcium reactor

4. Set Nominal value change to a number which tells the controller by how much to increase/decrease the set pH probe's nominal value (Step 1) if the KH test result is +/- 1dkH away from the desired value. If the test results is less than +/- 1 away from the desired value, the extent of the change will be calculated automatically.

5. Set upper and lower limits.

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a separate PH controller for my CR. The PH controller sets the PH in the reactor to to 6.9 (Not GHL controlled) but could if I had another GHL PH probe. I have that PH controller plug plugged into my power bar and that socket (GHL controlled) is on as long as dkh below 8.3 and the tank PH is above 7.8. If my dkh goes above 8.3 or the tank ph drops below 7.8 the the socket turns off shutting co2 off.

OP
OP
Y

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a ProfiLux and KHD, the ProfiLux is the primary means of Calcium Reactor control and KHD is your fine-tuned control.

1. Go to pH probe settings page, set desired pH level

2. Go to switch channels settings page, select the outlet that has the CO2 connected to it, set the function to pH control downwards. Save settings. ProfiLux will now handle primary Calcium Reactor control.

3. Go KHD settings page, set mode to Calcium Reactor, select pH probe being used for calcium reactor

4. Set Nominal value change to a number which tells the controller by how much to increase/decrease the set pH probe's nominal value (Step 1) if the KH test result is +/- 1dkH away from the desired value. If the test results is less than +/- 1 away from the desired value, the extent of the change will be calculated automatically.

5. Set upper and lower limits.

Hi Vinny

Done everything the way you explained here, and now when I dose co2 to the reactor my ph probe shows higher ph.
Did I missed something?
Cheers

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back