Caleb’s 75 gallon reef

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’ve posted threads in the past on here but I didn’t want to revive an old thread so here is a new one for me to document my progress going forward.

It’s been a tough road since moving my tank back in September of 2016. It’s going though lots of cycles of red cyano and Dino’s then it does well for a bit and it starts again. I’m now on the up hill again. Restarting my regimen of biodigest and dr Tim’s waste away.

Also I have upgraded my skimmer from a sca302 to a bubble magus curve 7 [emoji7]

It seriously had zero break in period and started making skim mate right away. I’m very impressed!

Here are some pictures from today.

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

My bubble magus curve 7 after only 2 1/2 days going ..
IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! I’m assuming your done with the Dino? From the pictures, I don’t see anything that indicates that you have Dino. Can’t wait to see more updates!

OP
OP
cale0721

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! I’m assuming your done with the Dino? From the pictures, I don’t see anything that indicates that you have Dino. Can’t wait to see more updates!

Thanks!!
Yea finally they are gone. I’ve had good luck with Dino x then using biodigest and waste away to keep them away. But I ran out of waste away so figured I didn’t need it anymore then I was wrong. So ordered another bottle to continue.

I recently did a fluconazole treatment to take care of some hair algae from neglect of the tank and now I’m rotating weekly of biodigest and waste away. So far so good!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you beat dino. I beat it myself but my goodness did I hate it. Do you feel like the fluconazole is helping with the GHA?

OP
OP
cale0721

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you beat dino. I beat it myself but my goodness did I hate it. Do you feel like the fluconazole is helping with the GHA?

It definitely works. I’ve done this treatment before for bryopsis and it works for that too. Even got rid of what I bought was red cyano this time. I just have the green left which I plan to treat with peroxide eventually.

But yea Dino really sucks bc it can smoother the crap out of Corals quick and kill them. I’ve lost a ton of sps due to it. Boo!!

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not Caleb but in my case, a combination of fluc plus a good number of turbo snails and hermits wiped out all my hair algae. Now, I’m not sure if the fluc is what did it but that was the only new addition to my regimen other than cuc and GFO. In the past just cuc and GFO was not able to get rid of the GHA.

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank Caleb. Will be awesome when all those frags take off. I'm jealous of the clams.

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the Curve 5, one in each tank. I wish mine had broken in that easy. I ran them both in a bucket for 2 weeks and then had to build platforms and run them in about 4" of water to keep them from overflowing. They both work great now, removed the platforms and have even taken them apart and vinegar soaked them during my annual sump cleanings. But man did they take forever to break in. Maybe it's the difference in the 5 and 7....

ZIGGY63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I hate moving tanks. It took mine awhile to get back to normal after I moved.

OP
OP
cale0721

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock list -fish

2 blacker Ice clown fish
3 red firefish
3 orange anthia’s
1 foxface
1 flasher wrasse
1 melanurus wrasse - middle of transition
1 six line wrasse
1 mandarin
1 lawn mower Blenny
1 small yellow watchmen goby

seased

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Is the second to last Acro picture your grape juice?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.1%
Back