Calicum Reactor, Korallin C1502 with Eheim Pump Help

Alabamareef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
944
Reaction score
24
Location
Vestavia Hills Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this reactor set up for over a year. I tried to regulate everything, BPM and DPM, to get the desired DT readings. Trying to do this seem to be an adjustment every other day. So after talking to some other folks that run the same set up I opened the effluent to full blast and kept the calcium reactor ph set to 6.9 and this seems to keep my levels where I need them but now I"m getting co2 backup in the reactor about once a week. Sounds like a simple answer, lower the CO2 and all should be fine. Currently the adjustment on the bottle keeps my C02 at 6.9 ph inside the reactor. So I'm not dumping a lot of C02. Also i've got my apex set up so that the ph inside the reactor does not get below 6.85. Just wondering what I can do to keep the gas from backing up on a regular basis. Most people I talk to set their reactor and leave it for 3-6 months before they make adjustments. I don't think my PH is so low that I'm clogging the line. Just not sure where to start.
 
How many bubbles are you doing a minute??? I just set my c1502 last weekend and it is rockin!!!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new