Calling all Algae Experts! *Bryopsis*

Jakewareham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been in the hobby for 3 years, I have a 90 gallon mixed reef that has been very successful.
I recently started up a 13.5 fluval evo nano, I used all established live rock from my 90 gallon system sump. The tank inhabits 2 clowns, an urchin and a narcissus snail, plus a few zoa frags, everything is doing great its been running for a month with no issues other than a slight diatom bloom from using new live sand, that's done and over with, now I'm dealing with what I believe to be bryopsis, I will attach a picture.
Anyway I want to treat it with fluconazole but here in Canada I can only find it in the local drug store, it's marketed for vaginal yeast infections, I'm just worried that this is not the same ingredients as you would find in say reef flux? Would anyone be able to clarify if this life brand of fluconazole would also be reef safe? I'll attach a picture with the medicine and ingredients.

Thanks for the help!
20220421_195614.jpg
white.jpg
Screenshot_20220422-001825_Chrome.jpg

20220421_195627.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like could be. Hard to tell in pictures cuz a bit blurry, but look to be rather fern like. good luck. Fluconzole works fast. Make sure you pull what you can and add a sock to the overflow as much will end up down it.

OP
OP
Jakewareham

Jakewareham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like could be. Hard to tell in pictures cuz a bit blurry, but look to be rather fern like. good luck. Fluconzole works fast. Make sure you pull what you can and add a sock to the overflow as much will end up down it.
Thanks, do you think that life brand from the drug store will be ok or should I get some reef flux? I don't know if the active ingredients are different at all.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't chemically hit a small tank until other natural options have failed. Pull out and siphon what you can. Raise magnesium to 1500. Cut lights back to 6 hours with blue and UV only. Get 2 turbo snails.

OP
OP
Jakewareham

Jakewareham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't chemically hit a small tank until other natural options have failed. Pull out and siphon what you can. Raise magnesium to 1500. Cut lights back to 6 hours with blue and UV only. Get 2 turbo snails.
Thanks, I'm not going to hit it right yet, I'm trying the natural approach right now, I just have this in my back pocket if all else fails.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back