Calling all interior decorators! What to put over tank?

image.jpg

Laser cut octopus off of Etsy
 
Paintings were done by my Granddaughter who is an art major in college.
IMG_7354.jpeg
I just want to say that I have always wanted a nice painting of a fish or coral above my tanks, and your granddaughter did a great job!

I hope this doesn't sound out of line, but if she has the time, would your granddaughter be willing to do a commissioned piece for me and my wife? I'm very serious, we'd pay her for her time and talent. There's a print I found online of a couple looking over the water with their cat that we love. The print is out of stock to buy, but if I could find an artist that would be willing to do something similar, I know my wife would absolutely love it. The pic bellow shows the print I'd love to have made for my wife. We are just looking for something similar, not a direct photocopy. If this is even a little bit of a possibility, please, please DM me as I'd be thrilled to talk to you. Thank you!!!

61riS9kpztL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
 
Last edited:
My wife commissioned this for my birthday.

60" x 30"
IMG_1340.jpg

She is an interior decorator so dogs playing poker wasn't happening.
 
I just want to say that I have always wanted a nice painting of a fish or coral above my tanks, and your granddaughter did a great job!

I hope this doesn't sound out of line, but if she has the time, would your granddaughter be willing to do a commissioned piece for me and my wife? I'm very serious, we'd pay her for her time and talent. There's a print I found online of a couple looking over the water with their cat that we love. The print is out of stock to buy, but if I could find an artist that would be willing to do something similar, I know my wife would absolutely love it. The pic bellow shows the print I'd love to have made for my wife. We are just looking for something similar, not a direct photocopy. If this is even a little bit of a possibility, please, please DM me as I'd be thrilled to talk to you. Thank you!!!

61riS9kpztL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I will send her the pic and see if she has the time to do this. With her class work and also her work-study, she has limited time. I’ll let you know.
 
I will send her the pic and see if she has the time to do this. With her class work and also her work-study, she has limited time. I’ll let you know.
I fully understand! Thank you for your reply and for asking her. No worried at all if she can’t do it, I just took a shot :) Thanks again!
 
I just want to say that I have always wanted a nice painting of a fish or coral above my tanks, and your granddaughter did a great job!

I hope this doesn't sound out of line, but if she has the time, would your granddaughter be willing to do a commissioned piece for me and my wife? I'm very serious, we'd pay her for her time and talent. There's a print I found online of a couple looking over the water with their cat that we love. The print is out of stock to buy, but if I could find an artist that would be willing to do something similar, I know my wife would absolutely love it. The pic bellow shows the print I'd love to have made for my wife. We are just looking for something similar, not a direct photocopy. If this is even a little bit of a possibility, please, please DM me as I'd be thrilled to talk to you. Thank you!!!

61riS9kpztL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I fully understand! Thank you for your reply and for asking her. No worried at all if she can’t do it, I just took a shot :) Thanks again!
My niece finally texted me back (college kids must be too busy to respond faster ). This is what she said “I’m so sorry, it’s been really busy here. But I would be willing to try it! Let me know what size he wants and I can give him a price for it. And if he wants anything more personalized, such as the cat being different colors…”.
 
My niece finally texted me back (college kids must be too busy to respond faster ). This is what she said “I’m so sorry, it’s been really busy here. But I would be willing to try it! Let me know what size he wants and I can give him a price for it. And if he wants anything more personalized, such as the cat being different colors…”.
I sent you a PM, thank you for following up with this!!
 
This photo…. Just let me know how big you want it printed :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy: DSC_3822.jpeg
 
I am a concert poster collector. I put water themed concert posters above my tanks.
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpeg
 
I have a blank wall above my tank that is asking for some art. Without detracting too much from the tank, and considering it is in our main living room, any suggestions? What do others have here?


IMG_5273.jpeg
Was searching around for tank wall decor ideas for my own setup and saw this older thread. Did you ever end up deciding on something for that blank space?

I initially tried some canvas art above my tank, but the humidity and splashing from water changes warped the frames pretty fast.

Ended up going a completely different route and got an oversized metal one from BestWallClock.

Fills the dead space above the lights perfectly, the metal frame handles the moisture, and it doesn't distract from the actual reef at night. Just a thought if you are still looking for ideas!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new