Calling all plumbers and mathematicians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Land Locked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a plumbing/mathematical problem I Purchased the Red Sea 750 XXL and the Red Dragon[emoji768] 3 Speedy 150 Watt / 4755gph.
The outlet side of the pump needs a 1.25" PVC-Pipe.
The Inlet side needs 1.5" pipe.

I haven’t measured it yet but my understanding is that the 750 XXL has three-quarter inch pipe. How do I make this work and still maintain my 10 times flow rate to satisfy requirements for Triton? if I reduce to the three-quarter inch i loose flow, correct? Would I also have to drill a new bulkhead hole if I replaced all of the RS plumbing? Any help would be great greatly appreciate!

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 750 as well and that pump the only way to use it is a closed loop to maximize your GPH on the back of the tank
and use a smaller one for the return, I am using a Jebao DCT-12000.

I am unfamiliar with Triton, do you need this though the sump 4755gph or in the tank itself? the reason
I ask is with my pump and the 2 Coral box QP-16 I am over that big time in the tank.

It would be tough to change out the set up Redsea has on the tank in my opinion, not enough room
in the overflow BOX to accept bigger bulk heads.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back