Calling all Wisco Reefers

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
Hello everyone my name is Taylor, I am 19 years old and I am located in Waukesha Wisconsin (just west of milwaukee) I currently have a 20g and a 10g reef tank but I just got a 65g and 35g tanks for free that I just need to fix up (they have broken glass on one side). I also work at a fish shop in Milwaukee called “best fish” that’s where I met Zach. Even though I’m only 19 I am extremely dedicated to this hobby and I am an aspiring coral farmer. I will definitely make a build thread for my tanks. Thank you all so much for having me, it’s awesome to finally meet some other Wisconsin reefers!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
Hello everyone my name is Taylor, I am 19 years old and I am located in Waukesha Wisconsin (just west of milwaukee) I currently have a 20g and a 10g reef tank but I just got a 65g and 35g tanks for free that I just need to fix up (they have broken glass on one side). I also work at a fish shop in Milwaukee called “best fish” that’s where I met Zach. Even though I’m only 19 I am extremely dedicated to this hobby and I am an aspiring coral farmer. I will definitely make a build thread for my tanks. Thank you all so much for having me, it’s awesome to finally meet some other Wisconsin reefers!
Welcome!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It really is a cool & unique place. I still have established live rock that I bought there about 15 years ago. Will be making the trip there more often :)

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Taylor! Welcome to 608!

I've stopped by Best Fish and really liked the store. Let us know when you guys get some cool new frags. ;)

Welcome to the group and the site.
I will for sure! If there’s any specific pieces you guys want I can talk to the guy who orders all our coral and see if we can get it.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should organize a frag swap! Who’s got stuff they can piece out? I’m still growing stuff out, but have so much room for more corals!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All of my corals are still babies aside from some zoas and mushrooms I could frag, possibly a smalll hammer frag or 2. I’d definitely be interested in adding more corals :)

TaylorP78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should organize a frag swap! Who’s got stuff they can piece out? I’m still growing stuff out, but have so much room for more corals!
Most of my stuff is still frags but I got a few high end zoas and mushrooms that could possibly be fragged in the near future.

Andy Wenzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Andy Wenzel to the 608 Reefers!
Thanks for having me! I'm located in Muskego, WI and starting a build of a Waterbox 130.4. Tanks arrives today, but I figure it will be a couple months before water as I'm waiting on a couple 55 gallon containers for a water station and taking my time building an aquascape with Marco rock.

I am looking for a mentor, I'm planning a low maintenance (with-in reason) and being a developer & enthusiast of home automation, I'm looking to use as many gadgets and technology as I can. Please let me know if you're interested.

Once again, Thank you!
Andy Wenzel

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Andy Wenzel !

If you're into that stuff and want low maintenance you might be able to build out a reef pi. There's a really active thread on here of folks that have developed a tank controller with a raspbery pi.

Otherwise Neptune and now HYDROS are the big controller games in town that would be able to automate a lot of stuff.

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Andy Wenzel welcome to R2R and the 608s. Be careful what you dish for lots of mentors here with opposing opinions LOL. But still a good place to study in the many forums.

Also check out some of the basics on YouTube by Bulk Reef Supply, Marine Depot, and Tidal Gardens. Live Aquaria has great care info on fish, inverts, and corals.

As @cwerner said ReefPi is a do it yourself or you can by the components ready to go lots of the folks sharing their info in that DIY forum. RoboTank is hardware that works with Pi and Rob is working on a new UIF. At least worth the read if interested.

Good luck with your build, don’t forget to start a build thread.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back