Calling Current USA light owners... where you at?

Beezwax404

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so with the IC Pros about 2 inches above the water surface, a torch coral 12 inches under the water and a hammer about 6-7 inches from the light I should be running these around 100 blue, 25-35 white?

kratosxxl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys think 2 marine not pro will grow softies/LPS ? height is 20 inches 6 feet

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys think 2 marine not pro will grow softies/LPS ? height is 20 inches 6 feet

You will get the best par if they sit directly on the tank. As far as adding two I have wondered this too. Will two lights doubt the expected par. On the first couple pages of this thread there is an expected par reading for each of the different lights.

kratosxxl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get the best par if they sit directly on the tank. As far as adding two I have wondered this too. Will two lights doubt the expected par. On the first couple pages of this thread there is an expected par reading for each of the different lights.
Mine is mounted 1-2 inches above water level using their mounting bracket

ekopapers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do get more par with 2, the pro is just 2 regulars I think. This is mine with the pros,tank has been up for about 3 months started everything from frags. Frogspawn and Duncan have been doing really good

IMG_20200225_153349.jpg

kratosxxl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do get more par with 2, the pro is just 2 regulars I think. This is mine with the pros,tank has been up for about 3 months started everything from frags. Frogspawn and Duncan have been doing really good

IMG_20200225_153349.jpg
awesome so the do grow :)

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I run mine at(I also have the pro, run my white at 35%). Tank is a IM Nuvo 20 peninsula. Light right on top tank. Growing Monti cap at about 9 inches down, Monti digi,Anacroporia,birdsnest and stylo growing from 7 inches down and above that. Acans, candy canes and mushrooms on gravel bed growing good but the Acans turned orange from red.
If I had to do it over I'd buy a more powerful light----which I just did---setting up a IM Nuvo 10 as a QT then using it as a frag tank--I bought the AI Prime 16HD for it. With the Prime I can run much more powerful blue light with less white and get more PUR.
Well I got the AI Prime 16HD up and running on my Nuvo 10. At this point I find the Current USA IC Pro more appealing to my eye(100% blue, 35% white, no red or green) and no shadowing. The prime is set at 40% for every color(0% red or green) and with all the bulbs in the center with it mounted 8 inches above the tank there's a lot of shadowing. When I had the white set even lower I didn't like the color to my eye at all. It's the blue light they label as RY that's the most unappealing to my eye. I don't want to change anything with it right now as I bought a baby tank raised Orchid Dottyback on Saturday and she is very shy and I want to add as little stress as possible right now.

OutLawX77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I Ever get my 75 Gal up and running (you all know it takes time).
I am Planning on using 3 current 48 inch (2 IC Pros and 1 orbit marine) I thought I had 3 IC Pros. Could have daisy chained all 3 to 1 timer, looks like I'll be having 2 timers o well.
but for now waiting on my Pro clear redflex 4 in 1 sump to get in hopes it fits my Stand 75/90 gal marineland stand
it's the one that has the opened top with a center brace. and center braced in the front and back also. would hate to remove a brace out then reinstall it
Will up date

ITS HOLDING UP my BUILD !!
blahahahah/ Gerererererer

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented a PAR meter from Pod Your Reef. It was $35 for a three day rental. I tested both my tanks and here are my reading with just the Currents on.

Home Tank
75 Gallon Length: 47” Width: 21” Height: 20” lights are Current Orbit Marine IC PRO LED and hanging 7.5 inches above the water line. I also have 4 T5 lights on this tank so this growth is with those as well.
PAR LED home tank.png

Office Tank
30 Gallon Length 35” Width: 15” Height: 13” Lights are CURRENT USA Orbit Marine IC LED and sit right on the tank
PAR LED Office tank.png

NanoReef303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick shout out to Current USA. I bought the Loop system with dual LEDs and an eFlux wave pump about 11 months ago for my 20g. My eFlux wave pump recently stopped working so I filled out a warranty request form on their website yesterday. Within a couple of hours (on a Saturday), I had a response and confirmation that they were shipping me a new replacement eFlux wave pump. Great customer service, so just wanted to give a quick shout out.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rented a PAR meter from Pod Your Reef. It was $35 for a three day rental. I tested both my tanks and here are my reading with just the Currents on.

Home Tank
75 Gallon Length: 47” Width: 21” Height: 20” lights are Current Orbit Marine IC PRO LED and hanging 7.5 inches above the water line. I also have 4 T5 lights on this tank so this growth is with those as well.
PAR LED home tank.png

Office Tank
30 Gallon Length 35” Width: 15” Height: 13” Lights are CURRENT USA Orbit Marine IC LED and sit right on the tank
PAR LED Office tank.png
Mmmm, I have the Current USA Orbit marine LED....Probably not as bright as the IC. I am using the metal pullout stands that it comes with and my dept to sand surface is about 23" I'm only planning on softies for this tank so I think I will be ok but maybe I should think about getting the add on light, since I can run two strips off the controller with the info you have provided. I am not realy looking to add any T5s or anything....All that will be my next tank....

Beezwax404

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Home Tank
PAR LED home tank.png

Office Tank
PAR LED Office tank.png
Very informative, thank you.

What were ur settings for these readings? Was everything at 100%?

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone ever figure out how to change all of the time settings? As I understand it you can only change when sunrise & sunset begins + moonlight duration. The app is obviously tied to the phone but the lights are on from about 7AM - 9:20 PM. Seems long to me.

Otherwise how are you getting around this?

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not sure what you are asking use the phone to program the sunrise and sunset times and that adjusts the length of daylight

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I should explain better. How do you change how long each light sequence stays on? I like them to turn off completely by 8PM, one example, but see no way to change that.

Right now you set when sunrise starts, when sunrise ends & how long the moonlight stays on. What if I want the sunrise to last until 10AM? Or the sunset to end at 7:30PM?

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I should explain better. How do you change how long each light sequence stays on? I like them to turn off completely by 8PM, one example, but see no way to change that.

Right now you set when sunrise starts, when sunrise ends & how long the moonlight stays on. What if I want the sunrise to last until 10AM? Or the sunset to end at 7:30PM?

sorry apparently not. i sent a request to C USA asking if that was an option. i checked the ap store to see if there was an upgrade to the loop ap but 2.7 is the latest and that is what i have. on the loop control (non-bluetooth) you have an option to program a custom light set up but you have to select it manually then manually return to normal daylight. for growing the ability to set up light intensity/color schedules would be great!! are ya hearing me Current USA? btw left handed is not a threat to right handed until it is.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry apparently not. i sent a request to C USA asking if that was an option. i checked the ap store to see if there was an upgrade to the loop ap but 2.7 is the latest and that is what i have. on the loop control (non-bluetooth) you have an option to program a custom light set up but you have to select it manually then manually return to normal daylight. for growing the ability to set up light intensity/color schedules would be great!! are ya hearing me Current USA? btw left handed is not a threat to right handed until it is.
Current USA confirmed by email that the capability does not exist

BradleyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I Ever get my 75 Gal up and running (you all know it takes time).
I am Planning on using 3 current 48 inch (2 IC Pros and 1 orbit marine) I thought I had 3 IC Pros. Could have daisy chained all 3 to 1 timer, looks like I'll be having 2 timers o well.
but for now waiting on my Pro clear redflex 4 in 1 sump to get in hopes it fits my Stand 75/90 gal marineland stand
it's the one that has the opened top with a center brace. and center braced in the front and back also. would hate to remove a brace out then reinstall it
Will up date

ITS HOLDING UP my BUILD !!
blahahahah/ Gerererererer

I have a 65 gal tank with sps and softies with three 24 in. currents. The ic pro and a reg. current. Two loops, one Bluetooth and one remote. My settings are 100% blue, white 15%, green and red 75%.
i have the small e-flux pump but find it to be a little on the weak side. Lights are on a current bracket that is 4 in. High.

It’s all in the placement of your corals. Mine are very happy and growing. I would like to rent A par meter just to see my output.

My total cost for both sets of lights were $280.00
I like the loop system because I can set it and forget it. No need to remember to turn on/off the lights.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back