Calling Current USA light owners... where you at?

ReefNewb84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This picture is from their website. I have the Orbit Marine on the rim of my 29 gallon tank. I've had it for over a year and a half now and it seems to be doing well with what I have. I originally had only a GSP and some random zoa but a few months ago added an additional zoa, a mushroom, and a Kenya tree. All are growing very well. (I think, anyway. They're definitely growing, though.) All corals are in the middle third of the tank so about 6-12 inches below the surface.

My daytime light is 100 red, 100 green, 100 blue, and 90 white.
Morning and evening is 16 red, 16 green, 16 blue, and 15 white.
Nighttime is 0 red, 0 green, 10 blue, and 0 white.

I'll upload some pictures later of what the tank looks like in the different settings.

1570798072682.png
Is this when you have all the color spectrums at 100%?

bruinfoodie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread, been reading it for about a month before I decided to officially join. I have the orbit marine on a 40 gallon that’s 18 inches deep. I switched my light levels based on the attached recommendation from the current website and I’ve adjusted my coral frags in the tanks based on the PAR readings on this thread.

So far I’ve kept everything above the first half of the tank and started the zoas around the top third which they didn’t seem to like much. After doing lots of research I noticed I really should have started at the bottom and worked my way up. I have since lowered the whites from the recommended 65 to around 45-50 and this seems to be better. Blues are at 100, red at 45 And green at 10.

D4856EC7-1DB8-4A5C-973E-F22AE59E0170.jpeg

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

For anyone who has these... and having success I was wondering what your setting are?

Reds, Green, Blue & White %
How high above the tank are they
Do you have any other lighting with it, T5 or other LED

I have the marine ic pro mounted 4” above the tank with B100% W50% G&R25%. I have no additional lighting but thinking about a T5.

Any thoughts would be great

I just have the current Orbit marine Aquarium LED light but have not messed around with it too much since I am waiting to get my first corals. So far I like the light however.

TonyD1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I was wondering about using the 72" version (non pro) on my 8 foot long, 30 inch tall FOWLR tank. I am about to buy three sets from a guy I know locally. With the lights being about 2 feet short, how bad of shadowing am I looking at, if much at all? They will be suspended in a canopy about 12" off the water.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I was wondering about using the 72" version (non pro) on my 8 foot long, 30 inch tall FOWLR tank. I am about to buy three sets from a guy I know locally. With the lights being about 2 feet short, how bad of shadowing am I looking at, if much at all? They will be suspended in a canopy about 12" off the water.
I have a 24” over a 30” tank (freshwater) and I don’t notice any shadowing.

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these lights but sadly I need to upgrade if anyone here is interested I have a dual 48 in lc led pro with loop for sale in the classified

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these lights but sadly I need to upgrade if anyone here is interested I have a dual 48 in lc led pro with loop for sale in the classified

when I wanted to upgrade I added some T5 and kept the currents aw well. It was cheaper than buying all new LED lights, and I have great growth. Just an option.

angus34081

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick shout out to Current USA. I bought the Loop system with dual LEDs and an eFlux wave pump about 11 months ago for my 20g. My eFlux wave pump recently stopped working so I filled out a warranty request form on their website yesterday. Within a couple of hours (on a Saturday), I had a response and confirmation that they were shipping me a new replacement eFlux wave pump. Great customer service, so just wanted to give a quick shout out.
I’m looking at the Eflux for my waterbox 20, are you still happy with it? Pros/cons?

NanoReef303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at the Eflux for my waterbox 20, are you still happy with it? Pros/cons?
I’m happy with them. I have two of the 660gph wave pumps, each on opposite sides of my 20g. I have them in alternating wave mode at 30% power, which seems to be enough for my softie and LPS tank. The only con I would say is that the controller is pretty basic. You can pick from 3 flow patterns, set the duration for each pattern (i.e., 1 second wave), set the flow output %, and turn night mode on or off which reduces flow output. You cannot configure different flow patterns or output %’s throughout the day that I’m aware of. So it’s pretty basic, but does everything I need it to do and it’s controlled from the same app as my lights, which is nice.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IC Pro. I like the lights because of the low profile but I hate that I can't reduce the moonlight to under 6 hours.

angus34081

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy with them. I have two of the 660gph wave pumps, each on opposite sides of my 20g. I have them in alternating wave mode at 30% power, which seems to be enough for my softie and LPS tank. The only con I would say is that the controller is pretty basic. You can pick from 3 flow patterns, set the duration for each pattern (i.e., 1 second wave), set the flow output %, and turn night mode on or off which reduces flow output. You cannot configure different flow patterns or output %’s throughout the day that I’m aware of. So it’s pretty basic, but does everything I need it to do and it’s controlled from the same app as my lights, which is nice.
Perfect, thanks

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried plugging in other equipment to the Loop Buetooth controller hub that comes with these lights & if so, did it work? I have a MightyJet pump & Jebao powerhead, both look like they have the right connections but I’m a little apprehensive.

Online it says any ‘Loop’ compatible equipment but I couldn’t find a list.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back