Calling Current USA light owners... where you at?

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our first Current lights today... The new Orbit R24 leds.

So this may be a rather dumb question... But if we're away from our tanks say at work or wherever, do the lights keep the 24 hour cycle you've set on the app?

Like if I leave home while lights are off, will they still ramp up at 9 am and shut off by 11 pm without the app nearby controlling it? I feel this is something that I should know, but I've never had Bluetooth lights lol.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our first Current lights today... The new Orbit R24 leds.

So this may be a rather dumb question... But if we're away from our tanks say at work or wherever, do the lights keep the 24 hour cycle you've set on the app?

Like if I leave home while lights are off, will they still ramp up at 9 am and shut off by 11 pm without the app nearby controlling it? I feel this is something that I should know, but I've never had Bluetooth lights lol.

Yes, it will keep the schedule even if your phone is gone. BUT always remember to close the app on your phone. I’ve found with mine if the app is left open it can sometimes get stuck.

Blownz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40breeder and have used a 36” orbit marine ramp timer pro. It grew bleached out Sebae anemones for years till we moved away. I just picked up two small BTA’s one whitish and other faded green. Have had them a month and they do bubble and one eats. The mouth is always closed on them but they roam around a lot and put no effective to climb closer to the light. The week I got them I also bought a Marine Orbit 36” loop light with my old orbit. It’s been a month now since I had the new light added and still no change in sitting still or expanding to full size. Flow is strong as they will get blown away or sucked onto filter intake guards. Have Xenia, gsp, cloves, barium that’s growing just fine. I had ramped the lights up to 100% white an 100% blue. So after reading this post I put white down to 50%. Red-green at zero. Old light white-blue 100%. Also have all lights setup to run for 12hrs. Some people say that’s enough, others say 9-10hrs is plenty for anemones. Other then a few years that’s as long as I kept my Sebae and past tank bred GBTA’s because of moving so never really knew if 9-12hrs which was best. On a side note can’t figure out the dang loop lighting schedule what so ever! My old light has this-
6:30am sunrise
7:30pm-10:30pm moonlight
Daylight 7:00am-19:00pm
Actinic 7:15am-19:45pm

I want the loop the same but it won’t do it! Also I have the remote hub not Bluetooth hub. Thanks for any help!

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the IC pro 48 over my 75. Not a bad pair of lights but if you spend a little more you can get something a lot better. Photon v2+ is the best option in terms of cost. I replaced them with 3 used AI hydra 26hds. The spectrum is just WAY better looking no comparison. The current lights are too white just like the Fluval, too white and green red and not enough blue. If I where to go budget again I’d go for amazon LEDs instead.
Pros would be aesthetics (look cool IMO) of the actual fixture and Bluetooth control.

guntercb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post I have had IC Pros for 9 months. I don't have anything to compare them to, but I am very pleased with them. I am not even running them 100 percent. I have zoas, LPS, and softies. Here is my tank tread showing photos:
Thread '75 Gallon Reef Build with DIY Stand and Canopy' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/75-gallon-reef-build-with-diy-stand-and-canopy.739524/

If curious I am running them with the following setting:
Sunrise B85 W10 R25 G100 (11AM)
Daylight B95 W85 R20 G20
Sunset B30 W5 R65 G5 (6:30PM)
Moon B4 W2 R4 G3

Good luck with your tank and light choice!

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first of all I would like to say hello to the community. Im new here and just back in the hobby "do to our son wanting a small salt water tank". Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in! Anyways just found this post and thought I maybe could shed some light no puns intended on the subject. I was able to purchase a 40 breeder drilled that came with some extras one being a 24 current loop system. I figured it would be sufficient for FOWLR and it was, but like I said they dragged me in. So to the topic.. I started this build for him July and decided to throw a couple softies in after most of the fish were introduced they all did fine. So I thought if I doubled up on the 24 current maybe I could get away with a little more "and I did". Blue 100% - White 35% - Green 25% - Red 75%. So my opinion is you can keep sps under these and they will grow "not fast " but ours have done fine.
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first of all I would like to say hello to the community. Im new here and just back in the hobby "do to our son wanting a small salt water tank". Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in! Anyways just found this post and thought I maybe could shed some light no puns intended on the subject. I was able to purchase a 40 breeder drilled that came with some extras one being a 24 current loop system. I figured it would be sufficient for FOWLR and it was, but like I said they dragged me in. So to the topic.. I started this build for him July and decided to throw a couple softies in after most of the fish were introduced they all did fine. So I thought if I doubled up on the 24 current maybe I could get away with a little more "and I did". Blue 100% - White 35% - Green 25% - Red 75%. So my opinion is you can keep sps under these and they will grow "not fast " but ours have done fine.
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
How long have the sps been in there? Have you been able to notice any growth or change in color? Thanks

twall73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started off using the IC Loop Current light on my 30 gallon cube. I had it sitting right on the rim of the tank. I think I would have had better success with the light if it were a shallower tank. But with it being a cube, and trying to not run them at 100% due to algae issues, I wasn't getting quite the results that I wanted in terms of coral growth and coloration. But I was also working with a lower alkalinity (usually around 7.5) and, as stated, battling algae. So I don't think that the light was completely the issue. I will be restarting that tank in the coming months, and I have decided that I am going to go with a different light (probably a Kessil). If the tank were shallower, I think the Current would satisfy my light needs (I stick mainly with Zoas and low-light LPS and SPS). But it is a deep tank and I also really like the shimmer that comes from a Kessil. Hope that helps!

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have the sps been in there? Have you been able to notice any growth or change in color? Thanks
Id say about three months give or take. Colors have stayed consistent for the most part and the montis I would say have at least doubled if not a little more. The red cap in the pick was a 1 inch stock frag from UC so I would say he has tripped in size. I haven't noticed a ton of growth on the acros but I did have a nasty battle with dino which I think shocked all involved in a young system. I would say if your looking to grow harder to keep sps quick these lights are not for you. This was supposed to be a fowlr for our 8 year old and daddy couldn't help himself. LOL

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say about three months give or take. Colors have stayed consistent for the most part and the montis I would say have at least doubled if not a little more. The red cap in the pick was a 1 inch stock frag from UC so I would say he has tripped in size. I haven't noticed a ton of growth on the acros but I did have a nasty battle with dino which I think shocked all involved in a young system. I would say if your looking to grow harder to keep sps quick these lights are not for you. This was supposed to be a fowlr for our 8 year old and daddy couldn't help himself. LOL
Thanks. I have the current USA my main tank but have been looking for a light for my invert tank to put corals in there. Sounds like I’ll be better off getting a different light for it.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have the current USA my main tank but have been looking for a light for my invert tank to put corals in there. Sounds like I’ll be better off getting a different light for it.
Current does have a new pendant style light that’s much stronger. It’s the R24. I replaced my dual IC strips with one about a week ago and am really impressed with the color and how bright it is. Just a thought.

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Current USA Orbit IRC Loop 72inch for my 120 gallons, and having a hard time figuring out how to do the timing; I know the feed and the pumps, etc., but when I put sunrise at 8 am, and if you select daylight does not give a choice for time length, and sunset at 8 PM and never goes to that it seems. I have moonlight set for one hour. Also, another issue when I leave, of course, won't work. It's Bluetooth, and after return to the house, it will take a couple of mins and reconnect, but I sometimes find myself that it does not work; I have to remove the app and install and add it again; I had to deo that several times too, other than that I love the product, I also have Current USA Eflux that works with the app, any help appreciated AS the Current USA has no instructions on how to use the app.

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I see click on sunrise which is ramping up try 7am to 9am then day light from 9am to 5pm then sunset 5pm to 11pm (or what ever), moon light stays on so either select off or put in 11pm to 6am. It’s because you don’t have the time settings. It’s missing the day light time frame completely. Whoops on moonlight mine does only 0 hours 2 hours etc, so select what you want. I’m trying to do a screen shot but it’s mad because I don’t actually use ic loop lights

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing you can set times in our sunrise and sunset my sunrise is set for 8 am works no problem than sunset 8 pm however the sunset does not change at 8

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back