Calling Kryptonite experts!

Knapp870

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Kryptonite for several years with lots of dark, almost more than green and it did nothing. Then we moves and I think maybe plug got slightly tipped and I now have kryptonite babies all over. However....none have any dark to them....any thoughts??

20220222_165910.jpg SmartSelect_20220219-083003_Instagram.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Kryptonite for several years with lots of dark, almost more than green and it did nothing. Then we moves and I think maybe plug got slightly tipped and I now have kryptonite babies all over. However....none have any dark to them....any thoughts??

20220222_165910.jpg SmartSelect_20220219-083003_Instagram.jpg
Possibly regular greens?

OP
OP
K

Knapp870

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the new “Kryptonites” possibly just regular green mushrooms?
Not unless a kryptonite is a morph that doesn't pass down its coloration to offspring? I own the mom and all these came off it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not unless a kryptonite is a morph that doesn't pass down its coloration to offspring? I own the mom and all these came off it.
It’s strange to see all green ones, maybe as they age they’ll darken up?

OP
OP
K

Knapp870

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, we are getting coloration. I wish I could figure out the major contributor so I could focus on that

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jawbreakers develop colors as they grow. If the momma had black, they'll get black. When they get it and how much they get is the fun part of growing Jawbreakers! :D

OP
OP
K

Knapp870

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be some lighting and chemistry behind it. I have dozens from this mom and had them grow to the size of almost tennis balls and stay green but now I'm starting to pull color from some even small ones

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be some lighting and chemistry behind it. I have dozens from this mom and had them grow to the size of almost tennis balls and stay green but now I'm starting to pull color from some even small ones

There is. Some say aminos, some say higher light, but I'm not sure anyone REALLY knows. I've seen dime sized Jawbreakers with already well defined color patches, and others that don't start showing until they're over an inch. It's kind of a crap-shoot, but (IMO), that's part of the fun.

I recently setup a tank for the sole purpose of growing out Jawbreakers. I have a Kryptonite, two different strains of "normal" JBs, one Reverse JB, one Eclectus, one Reverse Eclectus, a Deadpool, a Candy Crush and a Purple Monster. All are still very small babies (much cheaper to buy that way :D), but I'm excited to watch them grow and develop over time.

If I figure out any secrets or find some tricks, I'll be sure to share them. ;)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back