Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

It's not necessary but it works like a clarifier. It'll help filter all the fine particulates out of the water column.
Can I use the liquid water clarifier like aquaclear?
 
Probably, but Calcium Carbonate is relatively cheap. You don't have to use anything, it's just fun to do. We call it "Snowing the Tank".

IMG_20240218_180053732.jpg
 
Probably, but Calcium Carbonate is relatively cheap. You don't have to use anything, it's just fun to do. We call it "Snowing the Tank".

IMG_20240218_180053732.jpg
I will have to order some thank you!
 
Do I need one specific for aquariums?
Any food grade Calcium Carbonate is reef aquarium safe. I use Sun Foods because it's what my wife and daughter use for cooking and making toothpaste.
 
Any food grade Calcium Carbonate is reef aquarium safe. I use Sun Foods because it's what my wife and daughter use for cooking and making toothpaste.
How much do I add?
 
How much do I add?
In my 125 and 70 I do anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon.

The only downside I have found is that sometimes, not always, alkalinity will bind to it and you'll have a minor drop in alkalinity levels. Nothing major that affects corals or fish just something to keep an eye on.
 
In my 125 and 70 I do anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon.

The only downside I have found is that sometimes, not always, alkalinity will bind to it and you'll have a minor drop in alkalinity levels. Nothing major that affects corals or fish just something to keep an eye on.
Got it thank you.
 
I don't know why it won't open... the pump is running

Yes
Ok , I’m old and low tech, I just recently learned how to turn my phone off and on. I don’t know much about Tic Tac, Twizzler, Instagerm or Youtub. But I’ve read enough thread where they say download it on YouTube and then paste it on your thread.
 
Last edited:
Ok , I’m old and low tech, I just recently learned how to turn my phone off and on. I don’t know much about Tic Tac, Twizzler, Instagerm or Youtub. But I’ve read enough thread where they say download it on YouTube and then past it on your thread.
Um let me see if I can figure out how to do that on YouTube...
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new