Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

I have 3 Peppermint shrimp and I will see if maybe I can add the smaller conch assortment.
Just one. The email from John Maloney has a link for "add to order"
 
Is this diatoms? Hair algea? Or both or something else? It was also on the front glass but I cleaned it off. Hoping the cuc I have ordered will eat it all...
 

Attachments

  • 20240406_153550.jpg
    20240406_153550.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240406_153608.jpg
    20240406_153608.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 51
Is this diatoms? Hair algea? Or both or something else? It was also on the front glass but I cleaned it off. Hoping the cuc I have ordered will eat it all...
GHA
 
I haven't gotten an email yet...
Mine usually ends up in junk for some reason. Check there.
Is this diatoms? Hair algea? Or both or something else? It was also on the front glass but I cleaned it off. Hoping the cuc I have ordered will eat it all...
I think diatoms.
 
Mine usually ends up in junk for some reason. Check there.

I think diatoms.
Found it! I'm hoping the algea will either get eaten or go away on its own with time. Do you think that's a possibility?
 
Found it! I'm hoping the algea will either get eaten or go away on its own with time. Do you think that's a possibility?
Yes. Mine is usually thin on the glass and the sandbed. Mictobacter 7 seems to help so I actually just ordered a new bottle last night for mine.
 
Yes. Mine is usually thin on the glass and the sandbed. Mictobacter 7 seems to help so I actually just ordered a new bottle last night for mine.
I think I have seen that at my LFS I will check there.
 
Amazon has it fairly cheap but make sure it's sealed. I got 4 in a row that were open.
They once sent me a filter that was broken and had been returned and even had written on the box that it was broken...
 
Here's the pictures from my delivery today from reef cleaners and Aqua SD very pleased with both places. Everything was packaged nicely and I really like how reef cleaners put little pieces of plastic mesh stuff for the two emeralds and the Ruby Mithrax to hold onto during shipping in their little bags. Most of the new cuc went to work almost right away.
20240410_192049.jpg
20240410_192054.jpg
20240410_192108.jpg

20240410_192016.jpg
20240410_192019.jpg
20240410_192022.jpg
20240410_192028.jpg
20240410_192032.jpg
20240410_192039.jpg
20240410_192044.jpg

20240410_173713.jpg

20240410_174312.jpg
20240410_183705.jpg
20240410_183714.jpg
 
1st pic , hammer ? need a closer pic , does not look too good , no flesh ?
 
1st pic , hammer ? need a closer pic , does not look too good , no flesh ?
I will get better pictures tomorrow I turned the lights off already so they could start adjusting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new