Camera/webcam for tank ?

cantremember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef people,
I'm looking for a camera solution for in my (fresh water if t matters) tank.

Caveat, I'm looking for a camera that doesn't use the cloud and viewable only with brand-specific mobile apps.
I'd like it to have an upload to FTP option and direct viewing of the (hopefully RSTP) stream, much like how regular IP-cams work.
Or my second option would be an underwater USB camera.

I thought about an action camera but they have no long-term connection when they're inside the waterproof casing.

I realise it sounds like a very specific request but I'm hoping someone here has done something similar with their tank.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef people,
I'm looking for a camera solution for in my (fresh water if t matters) tank.

Caveat, I'm looking for a camera that doesn't use the cloud and viewable only with brand-specific mobile apps.
I'd like it to have an upload to FTP option and direct viewing of the (hopefully RSTP) stream, much like how regular IP-cams work.
Or my second option would be an underwater USB camera.

I thought about an action camera but they have no long-term connection when they're inside the waterproof casing.

I realise it sounds like a very specific request but I'm hoping someone here has done something similar with their tank.

First off, welcome to R2R!

Secondly, I know what you want to set up but, unfortunately, cannot offer any personal input. However, the link below may offer some help. Also, have you tried running a search on cameras?
Good luck!

tenor.gif

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at reef pi. You can easily add a pi camera and watch your tank that way.

I do believe you will have to use port forwarding if not using a cloud based service. This could leave your home network vulnerable. I am not an IT expert though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back