Camera?

Luckysfrags

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
122
Reaction score
2
Location
Thousandoaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I've been looking to buy a camera to take photos of my corals in my tank. I don't need crazy top of the line equipment but then again I don't want some point of sale. I'm a novice with cameras but I can and will take the time to learn so a camera with a learning curve is ok. I'm mainly looking for a decent camera and a decent macro lense that will be able to take nice photos.
I was wondering if any of you have any info or advice in a camera to look at? Again I have no clue what to get.
 
I would purchase an entry level prosumer Canon or Nikon DSLR. You could even purchase an older used model. The key is a nice lens and there is where your money comes in. A Canon 100mm macro will capture some superb images.

What is the budget?
 
Well under a grand would be nice lol. $500-$600 would be ideal but if an amazing combo is another 100 I wouldn't say no


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Mainly what I'm looking to do is take photos of zoas I'm selling. It will usally only be 1-5 heads so a camera that can use a good macro lense is ideal. Ill be taking some nice close up photos


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Also I should mention that I won't be using any sort of software program to "touch up" any photos. I've had many times when I went to but a coral off of someone and their online photo looks nothing like the coral in person.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I have the canon 100mm macro which is a great bit of kit but it will possibly take up alot of your budget. My camera is a canon 600d

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new