Can’t lower phosphates

reefyjoe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,
My tank is around 16 month old . I, for the life of me, cannot seem to reduce my phosphate I test bi-monthly with Hanna testers and the result is always 0.9 which I believe is the tester maxing out.

All fish are okay however my corals seem to be struggling. I’ve had a full zoa garden seem to dissolve and also all pulsing xiena.

Over the past couple month I have fully cleaned out the sump . Vacuumed the sand and have had a Gfo reactor running which seems to be having no effect .
I have had another recent icp test done to confirm my Hanna result which was 0.805 mg/l for phosphate so I know the tester is reliable .

The tank is a Red Sea reefer 250.
Fish : 2 clown fish, 2x wrasse , 1 x fox face , 1 x filefish.
I dose all for reef daily and do 2 x 50 litre water changes a month.

Is there anything else I can try?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new