Can anybody explain

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still learning and growing along with my tank and not completely sure what a
Reef Robot is and it’s function,, I’ve got a slim idea of what it does,, something to do with dosing and monitoring,, where it gets confusing to me is which one to get , how to figure out what I need,, and biggest question is how much do they cost
I’m gonna be doing a 120gal build with 30-40gal Red Sea sump

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef robot is just a piece of equipment that helps you test your parameters and some also will test and correct them. They range in price as of now from $600 to about $1200 depending on what brand and if you also buy a doser to correct the parameters that are tested. They all just make it easier and also get rid of the LARS (Lazy butt Reefer Syndrome) everyone seems to suffer from at some point.

If you don't mind testing and correcting by hand then i would not recommend getting a robot as it will take away some of the time you spend hands on with your reef. If you hate dosing and don't do it often then I would recommend that you get one. Which one will come down to how much you want to spend, how often you want to test, and what you want to test for. If you want to correct for what you have tested for then that will knock out one of the units from the beginning as it still does not have a doser that intergrates with the robot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef robot is just a piece of equipment that helps you test your parameters and some also will test and correct them. They range in price as of now from $600 to about $1200 depending on what brand and if you also buy a doser to correct the parameters that are tested. They all just make it easier and also get rid of the LARS (Lazy butt Reefer Syndrome) everyone seems to suffer from at some point.

If you don't mind testing and correcting by hand then i would not recommend getting a robot as it will take away some of the time you spend hands on with your reef. If you hate dosing and don't do it often then I would recommend that you get one. Which one will come down to how much you want to spend, how often you want to test, and what you want to test for. If you want to correct for what you have tested for then that will knock out one of the units from the beginning as it still does not have a doser that intergrates with the robot.
That helps a little bit, thank you I guess it comes down to research and pricing, thank you for pointing me in right direction

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back