• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Can anybody make this

Jd120988

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
809
Reaction score
486
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one of these small melted darth vader helmets to add to my tank but I can't find them online available anywhere. I did find some 3d printed ones on etsy but most of them are made from pla which from what I read isn't really reef safe at all. Can anybody 3d print a reef safe one for me? Screenshot_20201211-065414_Chrome.jpg
 
Some reason you don't want to just buy one? They're pretty cheap.
 

Attachments

  • Vader.jpg
    Vader.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 112
Why is PLA not reef safe? There is nothing in the MDS that says it isn't?
Why don't you do some research on the subject, whether it is or isnt reef safe is debated alot and some say it is and some say it isn't. I don't see a reason to take unnecessary chances if a perfectly acceptable alternative is available. Therefore I purchased what I know is safe and won't cause issues. Why resurrect a 3 month old listing that clearly states I found what I was looking for? Just look into the subject yourself if your that dang curious don't come on here questioning my decisions. I'm aloud to buy what I want and I wanted this particular item in a particular material. Done!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new