Can anyone ID this white substance on live rock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlundberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jlundberg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 48 gallon salt water set up. About 3 months ago, this white "puffy" sprouts (about .25 inches in length) coming off of the live rock (see pic). What is it/cause and how do I get rid of it?

Second, I would like to move to adding coral reef life to the tank. How do I setup the best environment to do so?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
20150118_104503.jpg
20150118_104503.jpg
20150118_104503.jpg
 
Looks like Pineapple Sponges, and general sponge growth on the other spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new