Can anyone recommend a Really quiet pump!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calizoa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Calizoa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
145
Reaction score
70
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sicci 1.0 about a year old making a serious hum. I love the footprint and quality of the product but it’s just to much noise. Looking for comparable gph. Let me know what ya got Thanks!
 
I have used the Current eFlux 1900 (set to 30-35%) for 5 years and it's extremely reliable and near silent. It makes a little hum/whine when it's running but cant hear it outside the stand or over the skimmer. I like it because it has a very fine tune adjuster dial. So I can set it to exactly a flow volume I want. Draws very little power too. Goes a long time between cleanings with very little flow loss. Just be sure to mark the controller with a sharpie where you set it to cause it's not fun readjusting it so the overflow is in balance if you accidentally bump it.

For a cheap pump I user a Orlushy dc-9000 Silent Swirl in my mixing tank and it's even more quiet than the eFlux and is 1/2 the cost. It's a tank too I have only had to clean it twice in 5 years of mixing Red Sea Pro salt with it. I like this one so much I have a spare as my backup pump in case my eFlux were to ever crap out on me. To replace the sicce 1.0 probably the DC-4000 would be a good one to look at.
 
Last edited:
I have a Sicci 1.0 about a year old making a serious hum. I love the footprint and quality of the product but it’s just to much noise. Looking for comparable gph. Let me know what ya got Thanks!
I have 4 Orlushy pumps. Oldest is 4 yrs. I've never heard any of them and have never had to disassemble and clean even the oldest. 3000 per hr with in line controller for 89.00. Wave or stream.
 
For a nano pump the IM Mighty Jet can't be beat. Had on on my nano20 and it was a great little pump. It was nearly silent and moved a really good amount of water. So much so had to keep it at 50% or it would blast the sand all over the place.
 
No pump , zero water changes. Definitely not how i run the system . But that’s as quiet as it gets. Not super helpful i know
 
IM mighty jet. Super quiet. I can’t even hear mine. My brand new sicce on my other nano aio is louder
 
Second of two current USA pumps just went out. Less than six months. They are nice-when they run.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new