Can Fish Be "Potty Trained?"

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my tangs are, somehow, they'll just poop to relieve themselves when they see mr coming to feed. Now its for sure to be able to fit more food, yet we potty train our dogs with treats so its somehow similar :)

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a weird question, however, I have a white tail bristletooth tang that goes to the same spot on the sand in the back corner of the tank to relieve himself. He will literally go to the corner of the tank, get very close to the sand and lay a turd on the sand, each and every time. This is quite the opposite of my other tang or fish in the sense that they will usually go wherever they are swimming into the water column. So that got me thinking.......... Anyone experience this?
I have a chevron that does the same. Same genus

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So weird! Since I set up my new tank my bristletooth tang does the same thing! A friend commented on it even. Mine is the front left corner of the tank

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a weird question, however, I have a white tail bristletooth tang that goes to the same spot on the sand in the back corner of the tank to relieve himself. He will literally go to the corner of the tank, get very close to the sand and lay a turd on the sand, each and every time. This is quite the opposite of my other tang or fish in the sense that they will usually go wherever they are swimming into the water column. So that got me thinking.......... Anyone experience this?
My whitetail bristletooth tang does the same thing in the front right corner of my bare bottom tank.

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two spot bristletooth tang did the same thing but his corner was right up in the front right corner where it’s easy to see. Thankfully the horseshoe crab loved to get stuck in the corners and he would disperse if every night.

OP
OP
C

crownsbroyal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two spot bristletooth tang did the same thing but his corner was right up in the front right corner where it’s easy to see. Thankfully the horseshoe crab loved to get stuck in the corners and he would disperse if every night.
Yeah I notice that my snails and crabs favor the “bathroom” corner a bit more as well.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back